California rabbits producing solid black kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mara

Reaction score
So a friend of mine has several litters of pure black kits, that were out of pure California rabbits. I know they were California color for at least 3 generations. Now suddenly solid black pops out?

My first thought would be that an unexpected buck got involved somehow. Perhaps a child swapped rabbits around, or a loose buck managed to breed a few does through cage wire. Several litters all the same color to cali does does suggest it's probably the work of one buck who doesn't have any recessives at his c locus.

Yup, what Zass said!

Californian to Californian = 100% Californian unless they're REW. Only way to get black outa that is from an outside buck.

I've had someone trying to figure out how a tort x tort litter is half black, they're still being persistent in saying it's a tort x tort litter. Which is another impossible litter.

Well I have several rabbits out of the same lines cali colored for at least 3 generations.. there the only ones I have. Just kindled. and yup solid black litter.. ????

Latest posts

Back