Cali buck with itchy ears

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odinsworn

Reaction score
After I fed my buns last night, I noticed the buck was shaking his head and trying to get his hind legs inside his ears. I gently put my fingers in his ears, and didn't feel anything strange, and I gently scratched around the bases of his ears for him, but he still was occassionally shaking and attempting to scratch. This morning when I fed, I watched him for a few mins, and no such behavior. Anything subtle I should be on the look out for, or did he probably just get something in his ears from the weeds I brought, and he got it out over night? I'm guessing mites would probably create a similiar effect in rabbits as dogs or cats right, visible brown gunk?

Yes, mites make the same mess of rabbit ears as they do in dogs and cats. Could be the beginnings of a mite problem or perhaps he just had a bug in his ear. A few mosquito bites could cause scratching too. Just keep a close eye on him for signs of mites... and get out the mineral or olive oil at the first sign of problems.

Latest posts

Back