Butchering Station

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wamplercathy

Reaction score
.... is almost done. Need to set pluming but other than that, it is golden. Even used it to send 6 off to freezer camp this afternoon. :D

Gable.jpg
Butcher station.jpg
butchered meat.jpg

The kicker is that the pluming is the only cost we'll have. Everything was free-cycled. :p :lol: :lol:
It was really easy to clean and sanitize. Best part is that the rabbits don't have to smell the blood from the one prior to it. I was able to broom stick them a few feet away and move to a freshly cleaned sink for each. Before this I was doing everything over a garbage can. :x

Thanks for sharing this! I have to set up a butchering station *soon* and have been trying to figure out how and where. We have an old sink and counter top laying around, you know, in case we need it someday :roll: . Looks like we can use it after all!

I have seen utility sinks that have inlet fittings on them to accept a standard garden hose for a feed line. With some sort of DIY setup to deal with the drain water, (perhaps leading to a garden), there'd be no need for a plumber.

We are going to allow it to drain into the field. The garden is too far and would then have to bury the pipe. We are going to rig the garden hose to fit the faucet. But those parts are going to have to wait till I have money to buy them or find them. Either way work really. :p :lol: :lol:

We have another sink and counter top but this one didn't need weather proofing.

Got the idea off pinterest.
http://www.themodernhomestead.us/articl ... ready.html

Back