Bunny eating poop - NOT cecotropes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albrst

Reaction score
Okay, Lego, is now eating some of his normal poop, not cecotropes. I have seen the difference and it's not cecotropes he's eating. Oh I am sure he eats those too but if he poops on the carpet or floor he will sniff his regular cocoa puff type poop and eat it. Is this normal?

I wouldn't be overly worried unless he's eating a LOT of poops. :) If he's eating them all, there may be something missing from his diet...what is his normal food?

He eats Timothy Hay, rabbit pellets (not a ton), and Quaker Oats. He would rather have quaker oats than anything but I just mix them in with his food.

Kristy

Kyle@theHeathertoft":3reuhuss said:
I wouldn't be overly worried unless he's eating a LOT of poops. :) If he's eating them all, there may be something missing from his diet...what is his normal food?

He may be trying to boost his intestinal microbes. In most cases rabbits do things for a reason, although we can't always figure out what that reason is.

Back