bummer this....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Friend Bounce normally has 10-11 kits for me.

She was due yesterday. No biggie, she was acting preggers, pretty sure she was.
Came in this morning to a wee bit of fur in the nest so thought yippee! today we'll have kits.

She had five. I was out there working so it took her about an hour which was longer than expected.

Two of the five were a good 1/3 bigger than normal...born dead (four-five day kit size).
The three remaining are a bit bigger than normal (think size two-three day old kits).

She's not looking too happy either....Going to the store for a bit this aft so I'll get her some parsley to see if that perks her up a bit.

NN Easter (YEAH!!!) she's making a nest. If she has her normal five-six kits (though she did surprise me once with 11) I'll foster these kits over to her. They'll be all NZ so telling them apart from these three harles will be easy enough. Good day to be born as it's not too cold out today.

Aw, that's too bad. I had a first-timer produce two humongous dead kits. I wish we knew why it happens, and if there was some way to prevent it.

I'm sure she's not happy - that's got to be painful!

Fetal giants are never fun :( I had an issue about 2 years ago my does just kept producing these fetal giants (even the ones who were proven and had nice litters before) I was told the switch feed, so I gave it a try and I haven't had one since.

Back