Buck does not breed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am attempting to breed one of my rabbits to a certain doe. Thing is, he does simply not breed lol.
He went through a huge stage of where he would want to hump anything and anyone, he would even chase people for a bit...
Then suddenly when I did decide to breed him to a doe, he did it fine but it was not successful as a month past and no kits.
Its been a few months since and when I did decide to re breed him, I put him in with the doe and he showed no interest. I then bought another brilliant doe a few months ago
and thought I could breed him to her, shes a great breeder and was rubbing her scent everywhere, basically trying to get his attention and he really could not care less, he would
sniff her and give her a quick grooming and thats that. I even put some of my other does in with him to see how he would react (not to breed to, just to see how he would react) and
he really could not care, just a bit of grooming and thats it. It does not matter too much if he does not breed as I have other breeding bucks but itd be great to get some kits from him, thanks everyone :)

Take the doe to his house. He may be nervous being in a strange cage.

Hi! Thanks for the reply but I have done this before and still just grooming, I have tooken him to her place and he didnt really seem to still care! Thanks though :)

I'm having the same problem with a buck. He could CARE LESS about the girls!!!

I'm going to follow your thread to see what people suggest.

Make sure you aren't doing it when they are more interested in eating. Try adding a small about of Apple Cider Vinegar to his water, and try breeding them in an exercise pen. Check the Doe to see what color her vent is, it should be a dark red-not yet purple color when breeding time is prime. Sometimes males can tell females aren't going I want to breed. So I would suggest trying all of the above and for at least every other day for a two week period and see if he changes his mind:)
Best of luck! I know what it feels like when animals don't cooperate, it's frustrating and keeps things interesting all at the same time!

Latest posts

Back