Buck decides he doesn't like the water system

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an automatic nipple water system that everyone was happily drinking from last year. When winter hit it was shut down and replaced with lixit style bottle with the same kind of nipple.

Now that we're within spitting distance of our last frost date (yay!) the water system has come back out. Everyone is using it fine except my buck.

He stopped pooping, I'm assuming he didn't eat because he wasn't drinking. I've rinsed and drained the lines and switched out the nipple. He knows how to use it but won't. Now he's all frantic and I've been giving him water in bowls to keep him hydrated as its hot out.

Can you win a stubbornness competition with a pissy buck, or will he be training me to bring him extra-special water every day? :fainting:

Try putting some sort of treat on the nipple itself. Mush up a bit of banana or some similar sticky treat so when he licks it off he will figure it out again? Given the choice rabbits will always drink out of a bowl vs. nipples. In my experience.

Back