Breeding update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that we got the two Cal does bred on Saturday (he fell off each twice), and so far two Zil does once each today (we'll give each another round in a little while). So far, nothing with Chica (our almost 2yo Zil doe), but we'll try again here in a little bit.

Bexar, our Cal buck, seems to NOT want any help (other than to maybe cover the doe's eyes to calm her down). Absolutely NO help wanted in lifting the doe!

I'm SOOOOOO thankful for DS17--he helped me with the Cals on Saturday, I was planning to have him help me with the Zils, but yesterday and today have been crazy for me. He happily handled the operation himself. He has wonderfully large, strong "farmer" hands that can pick up even the largest rabbit by the scruff and not drop it, and he has awesome animal-husbandry instincts.

MaggieJ":z7kwih6j said:
Hope the matings result in plenty of popples!
So do I! We managed to two matings for Dot, and one each for Branwyn and Chica. The Zils sure don't seem to cooperate as well as the Cals. If all goes well, going by past history (for Branwyn and the Cals, at least), we could very well end up with 40-50 popples by this time next month.

It's nice to have a DS to help out with the rabbits, isn't it? :D
It sure is! My hands are small enough that I'm not sure I could manage the Cals very well without him.

Back