Bread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckinguy

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bread maker that I use quite often, two or three loaves a week. Would it be ok to give some of this bread to the buns? The ingredients are whole wheat flour, salt, butter, maple syrup, milk and yeast, pretty simple but good! Hot out of the breadmaker with butter and honey and a tall cold glass of milk....mmm!

Anyway, I get a few stale pieces, ends and crusts and such. I"ve read that bread is ok, just checking here and I"m on dialup so it's a bit time consuming to search for stuff.

Thanks!

Yes, you can feed them treat portions of such good bread. My rabbits prefer it air dried... but stale (not mouldy) is okay too. I break ends and crusts into pieces no larger than a quarter slice and hang them up in a mesh onion bag to dry. Be a bit more careful in the most humid parts of the summer that they don't go mouldy before they have a chance dry out.

I would NOT recommend white bread for the buns... just empty calories.

My gang's absolute favorite treat is whole wheat bread made at home- even more so than garden greens, small pieces of fresh fruit, etc. :)

Lauren

Back