Branwyn's pulling fur!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
WOOHOO! Update to follow. . .<br /><br />__________ Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:54 am __________<br /><br />She kindled in the nest!! YAY!!!! I can see at least 4-5 kits in the nest box. I'll give her a little bit of time to make sure she's finished, and then I'll go out again to get a full count and maybe some photos. The ones I saw are all dark, so I'm guessing they're mostly blues.

Eight kits, all warm and squirmy! Here are a couple photos:

image.php

Branwyn checks her babies after we counted the kits and gave them fresh bedding:

image.php

cereshill":mjy45wb8 said:
how does that nest box work for you?

size please?

do you punch drainage holes in it?

So far it seems to be working well. It's a 16-qt Sterlite box, 16" x 10" x 6", that I bought at Target. I didn't even think to punch holes in the bottom--last week was nightmarishly busy for me. We did punch holes on two sides so that we could anchor it to the cage with wire. I'll be cleaning it out every day for the next couple of weeks, so hopefully the lack of drainage won't be a problem. All my other nest boxes are the standard metal ones, but I didn't get more ordered in time, and after making the rounds of all the places in town, I was one short.

I'm SOOOO glad this doe seems to have "gotten it" this time. She's the one that kindled on the wire last time, and despite heroic efforts to save them and hand-feed a couple, we lost the whole litter. She seemed so sad for quite a while after she lost that litter that I was concerned we'd lose her, too. This time she seems to be doing everything right so far.

Latest posts

Back