Br. Choc + Black = ???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOWsMom

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Let me start by stating that my focus is on body type over colour for this, but I am curious what the colour possibilities would be.

I have the Br Choc doe - her colour background is as follows :

20161102_171549.png

The solid black buck is not mine, and I am not sure of his background at this point - I do hope to find out, but currently I don't know.

Any ideas of what we could see as a result ?

You definitely have a chance to get some blacks and broken blacks. Depending on what they carry you may get other colors too: chocolate or broken chocolate if the black carries chocolate, torted tricolor & torted harlie OR tort & broken tort (but you won't get both in the same litter - either tris & harlies, or torts & broken tort) if the buck carries red/tort. Maybe even some blues, broken blues, lilacs or broken lilacs if both parents carry dilute. And they could produce almost any color, if they carry the right genes. Black & broken black are your most likely colors though - the only colors they will not be able to produce is any otters, or agoutis (reds, castors, chinchillas, opal, etc).

Back