Book shelf to rabbit hutch

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
So I had to do a little extra work but after finishing the frame of the book shelf I cut a hole in two of the shelves, and am going to put chicken wire on it, but this isn't for my rabbit that I have had for an entire year now (new record) but is for a new rabbit I'm going to get!

if you are turning a book shelf into a rabbit hutch it might be a good idea to POST US SOME PICTURES because some of us would really like to see how it will turn out (and perhaps the stages for doing it too). :)

I need some better wire that what I have, I just had to use what I had on hand. I will probably make some improvements, but all I can say for now I measure your water and food containers, and make your doors wide enough so that you can fit those in there without struggle. I have it so that one rabbit can go around the whole place, but I think that I will probably Chang it so that I can have two rabbits in there instead of one.

I used a $5 metal garage shelf I picked up from a garage sale and made into a rabbit cage I got 2 shelves so just need to make the other one up. My rabbitosis got too much and I needed more cages. This one in pics has a nest box and pooples inside the covered area its working well so far.
I just unscrewed the shelves used them to make the covered end then just added wire and a door. Was quick and easy. Just used strips of wood down metal legs to attach the wire too and screwed the wood lengths onto the metal frame. Only took 2hrs doing everything by hand sawing etc etc.

Miss M":1ubnntny said:
Karen, I tried to repair your images, but I think they aren't showing (for me, at least) because I don't have a Dropbox account.
Don't worry Miss M I can't see them either!

So many finished it but didn't have time to take a picture before dark came because my device sucks, any way my rabbit was too lazy to go from one shelf to another through the ramp I had made so I took him out and tipped to the back so now it's laying down and he's happy as can be with the room, will try to get a picture soon.

Back