Body genetics questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
So I am seriously considering creating a new breed of rabbit. I know that IF it were to ever actually become recognized it probably wouldn't be in my lifetime, but that isn't really my goal right now. I have exactly what I want pictured in my mind, and know what breeds I will need to use to achieve it. That being said I want to make a rabbit that is a dwarf rabbit with rex fur, English Spot markings, and the English spot body type (full arch? Did I get that right?). I plan to use English Spot and Mini Rex breeds to work with, and cull HARD. I want to learn all the genetics stuff I can before attempting to even start on this endeavor, especially considering that this is going to take years to achieve. Now with the background stated which if the two two breeds I plan to use have the more recessive body genes? I'm sure more questions will probably arise as I think about this more, but that is my main question. Essentially what breed should I focus on more as far as body type goes.

Latest posts

Back