Apparently feeding your animals fodder instead of pellets can save alot of money. I’m all for saving money!
I’ve done a bunch of research around the internet with regards to feeding fodder to rabbits, goats, llama’s, chickens and other animals. As a result of this research I’ve decided to begin “fodder trials” for the animals I currently have.
Here are some basics about what I’ve learned.
- 1# of seed (wheat, barley, oats, etc.) can be grown into approximately 6+ #’s of fodder
- 1# of seed can be grown in one “tray”
- 6#’s of fodder can be grown in approximately 6-7 days!
- Grow it in a relatively “clean” environment
- Rinse multiple times a day with clean water
- It likes temperatures between 60 – 70 degrees fahrenheit