Biscuits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so this isn't a rabbit recipe, however, I'm rather proud of these and wanted to share. This is my personal biscuit recipe that I'm worked on all my married live to get them as close as possible to the biscuits my grandma used to make. They are actually very easy to make.

They are heavy southern style biscuits. The kind that go great with sausage and gravy.

Daylene's Biscuits

3 cups flour
½ Tablespoon salt
1 ½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
½ cup butter, shorting, or lard
buttermilk

Preheat oven to 400 F

You can substitute a little over 3 cups self rising flour for the dry ingredients. You can also substitute milk for buttermilk but IMO they aren't as good without buttermilk. :lol:

Mix dry ingredients together.

Melt butter, shorting, or lard and pour into flour mixture. Use a fork and cut the butter into the
dry ingredients until you have pea sized crumbles (about).
Add enough buttermilk so that you have a sticky dough that is not runny. It should form a
sticky ball.

I use a 10” cast Iron skillet. Put a couple of tbs butter or grease into the bottom of the skillet
and melt. Drop the biscuits into the pan with a spoon or shape with buttered fingers. I form them and flop them over in the grease. Then I press
them all down into the pan so that they fill the pan along the bottom.

Cook for about 20 minutes. They are done when they start to brown on top. The bottoms will be nice and crispy.

cutting in the butter
IMG_20150101_171217.jpg

After adding the buttermilk

IMG_20150101_171414.jpg

In the pan

IMG_20150101_171616.jpg

Ready to eat

IMG_20150101_174040.jpg

Them there Biscuits sure look and sound good.
Can't handle white gravy though.

Cajun breakfast.... Your Biscuits with fried ham and eggs over easy with home made butter and a large glass of raw milk.

Now that will keep ya going all morning. :yes:

craneman54":2466673k said:
Them there Biscuits sure look and sound good.
Can't handle white gravy though.

Cajun breakfast.... Your Biscuits with fried ham and eggs over easy with home made butter and a large glass of raw milk.

Now that will keep ya going all morning. :yes:

You ain't from Texas now is ya? Good biscuits and sausage without white gravy is a natural sin. :)

Nope not from Texas. Born and raised in Lousyana eating good Food. :lol:
Hog cracklins,boudin,and gumbo.Fresh from under the chicken eggs, fried pork brains and home made biscuits with fresh churned butter. :laugh2:

Latest posts

Back