Big guinea pup litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I had a litter of 7 all fully developped. :D I also have 2 litters of 4 so guinea pig explosion. Luckily I nearly cleared my cull cage. :lol:

It hasn't been a bad month for gerbils either. I weaned 2 litters into male and female cages and I have 6 fuzzies in one, 4 not quite ready to wean, and at least 2 newborns with the pair that has small litters.

She didn't look that huge. I think she carried them low the whole time and her belly dragged on the ground. She's given me 4 and 5 before without looking huge. Now the red line I got really bulge their sides so it looks impressive but they tend to have 3-4 large pups. Which like rabbits is not a bad thing. A smaller litter of larger offspring will grow better and faster. Usually 5+ you get runts and sometimes entire litters that can't make it in a large herd pen. Then I have to go setup the backup cage and confine them until they are more self sufficient and mobile.

Latest posts

Back