Big Day on Monday

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
It's finally going to happen-- on Monday, I will be getting the right knee replaced. I am looking forward to it with some anxiety- but in trying to be practical, I realize it must be done. I have developed a small group of 'friends' here at the 'Resort'. They include staff and other residents. In trying to help some of my fellow residents, it has been made very clear thatif I want to continue to be able to walk, I NEED to get this knee replaced. THEn, the new brace for the other tendon issues should be ready, and after the knee is fully healed and functional, I can get the tendons repaired. meanwhile, the sunshine streams down, and I see spring coming.
Yesterday9Thursday) i got to ride some 'hillbilly" transport to an appointment--a rattletrap sounding handicapped equipped van-- with makeshift replacement parts on the dash, vent covers missing, even a broken passenger side nmirror-- the glass was in a storage hole by the drivers seat-- my driver and I laughed about the vehicle the whole time we were on the road.
One of the employees bought his Boston terrier puppy in at lunch time and the cute little bugger kissed me-- washed my whole face!!!
One of tonights 'tasks' is to teach another resident how to play Rummikub, since I will be gone for 4 nights. After all, the game needs to be played while I am gone-- there are two ladies that like having a third player.
Oh, in ceramics 'class' I painted up a cute little sleeping bunny-- he is designed to lay over the edge of a shelf. I ordered a BIG rabbit to paint next week.
My friend Kathy picked me up Wednesday, and as of today, a bunch of my rabbits are at Mt Hope Livestock Sales. It was tough-- I did not want to give them up-- Still have PJ(AmChin) and the Blue MiniRex doe, a couple Californian does, And a couple rabbits that would not pass a health check-- one with the cocci abcess, and another that is recovering from a bad case of ear mites.
I am lookig forward to being able to walk around the perimeter of this building in two weeks without the aid of a walker or a cane.

take care everyone-- we had a dusting of snow yesterday-- but since it is still March, that is okay with me!!!

Terry, all best wishes for the surgery to go smoothly and your recovery to be swift!

Sounds like you are having a pretty good time at the Resort! Keep us posted about your progress.

:grouphug:

Latest posts

Back