BEW Holland Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinipela

Reaction score
I have a breeding pair of BEW Holland Lops. I would really like to get rid of my buck. If I breed them and keep a boy and breed him back to mom will I still end up with all BEW?

Thank you so much for your help. Since they are a carrier of blue eyes if I took one of those babies and breed it to my smoky pearl Holland that is a carrier of blue eye is it possible to get a colored rabbit with blue eyes?

Kinipela":1j8u7a20 said:
Thank you so much for your help. Since they are a carrier of blue eyes if I took one of those babies and breed it to my smoky pearl Holland that is a carrier of blue eye is it possible to get a colored rabbit with blue eyes?

If both the smoke pearl and the other carry BEW you should have a chance for BEW but only about 25% per kit
However; it is not advised to cross smoke pearl into a BEW line, as the sable gene from the smoke pearl can add a red tinge to the eyes which is not desirable in a BEW

Thank you so much for all your help. Both replies have finally made me understand the genetics. I will keep the BEW together then.

Latest posts

Back