Baytril questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbr

Luvin Buns ❤️
Reaction score
I am new to Baytril and have a small rabbit that started sneezing. I would like to try Baytril before I go to the extreme of culling her. I don't understand how to give it though. It's 10 percent oral. I weighed her and she is 2lb. 4oz. I know they go by that but just can't seem to get the math right. Also any input on Baytril would be appreciated.

Welcome :)

How frequent is the sneezing, is there any discharge out her nose, if yes, what does it look like? Does she sneeze randomly or in certain situations? Any chance there could be another reason than a bacterial infection, like dusty hay?

What are your plans for the doe?

There's something dormant in my herd, well, pretty much in all rabbits around here that get's a rabbit sneezing for some time, induced by stress, like heat, being moved, nursing a big litter, but it clears up without treatment. If it wouldn't clear up in a rabbit that would be a reason to cull for me, definitly no breeding material.

What numbers do you have?

http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medicati ... iotics.htm
says 5-15mg/kg, your doe is pretty exactly 1kg.
with a 10% solution, assuming that 1ml equals 1gramm, 1ml has 100mg of Enrofloxacin, so you'll need 0,05-0,15 ml once or twice a day (I guess twice a day means splitting the dose?).
Apart from antibiotics not being available over the counter here, I'm not sure I would try it without consulting a vet, or at least someone with practical experience, other members will have more to say about it.

Back