basement colony

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
This is the start of my basement colony. I actually made a 4x8' pen outside but privacy and safety concerns led to the rabbits coming inside. I'm not sure what I want to do with the floor. If I use wood based beddings I will have to build a rim around the wire sections to keep it in. Even then the rabbits in the cages coat the floor in wood pellets and poop. Also I believe a doe already escape. :lol: She can't get in trouble in the basement.

Go to the user control panel, click profile, and then select avatar beneath it. You have to make your picture a specific size. If you load it in paint and then hit resize you can make it smaller by percentages or exact pixels.

*lightbulb moment*

Rabbits can drink from (chicken) waterers??? I would have thought the width of the opening too narrow. Now I am rethinking the grow out cages.

Chicken stuff works great for rabbit. These were our stable colonies before we moved.
Picture003.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0332.jpg

If you have a big colony you can use a chicken water heater base too. Just shove the plug through some pvc tube and let it slide all the way to the bottom of the cord so they won't chew it. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:34 pm __________ <br /><br /> We have a repeated escapee. Unnamed regular chin colored doe keeps finding ways to wander off. I have to go find her again. Last time she was behind the dryer. The problem is the cages have slanted bottoms so the slant areas need filled in. Then the walls have a rounded off mound of plaster from wall to floor. Fitting wire to it is difficult.

Back