baby woollies are here

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
Well after last night when I saw Candy starting to nest I knew I got the dates wrong. Last time I forget to write something down. Good thing I put in her nest box.

She had 4 babies again this time 1 was doa the rew that I was hopeing for. I think all 3 are blue but we will see as they get fur. She did real good this time pulled fur and everything. one looks a little lighter then the other two.

016-3.jpg

015-4.jpg

011-5.jpg

014-4.jpg

Nice looking kits!

Okay, Shara... was it you asking about what I look for in terms of good shape? Take a look at the kit on the bottom of the last picture. I know it is also the largest, but see how wide across the hips it is? It's harder to be sure in a picture than in real life when you can see them moving about and in various poses, but I'd be watching that one real close and ear-marking it as a keeper.

I wouldn't physically mark it right now. Its a jersey wooly and you need to know what the wool will be like as well. You also want smaller ears and a bigger mug head. Congrats! :)

Guys, I think MaggieJ (who can speak for herself of course! I'm just trying to help) was talking about rating a kit for meat production, something Shara and I were asking about earlier on another post. Your kit pics just provide a perfect illustration of what she was trying to explain. I don't know that she was talking about JW perfection, more about just judging body type before they fill out and get fur. Maggie, I am sorry if I was wrong and am putting words in your mouth.

You are exactly right, Eco2pia! I was just using these kits as an example because the one has such a good meat butt compared to its siblings and the picture made the difference very clear.

Let me state now that I know nothing about JWs as far as conformation or standard of perfection. And by ear-mark.. I didn't mean to mark it literally - just to take note of it and watch its development. Sorry for the confusion... I should have taken more time over my post.

no it is all cool :) I know with woollies you want a nice wide butt like mom and dad both have. You also want a nice short ear for sure. I can not wait to see what the babies turn out like.

I am excited to see them grow up, and I hope you will continue to post pics of the three! I think rabbit development is so cool, and some of the different breeds really develope differently...(like english lops, they have LOOOONG ears even at birth!

I never knew there was a breed to have hair at birth. ven if it is just little...<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 pm __________<br /><br />I am excited to see them grow up, and I hope you will continue to post pics of the three! I think rabbit development is so cool, and some of the different breeds really develope differently...(like english lops, they have LOOOONG ears even at birth!

I never knew there was a breed to have hair at birth. ven if it is just little...

of corse I will the english lops were so cool when they were babies. I need to post some up dates they ate 11 weeks and so big now. I can not wait to breed English angora but I still only have a buck lol

I can't wait for you to post pics of Eng Angora babies either, lol. Your boy will make some gorgeous babies. All your bunnies are so cute and the JWs are such a pretty color.

Sorry Jasharia! I was talking generally for woolies, not about the kits in the pic lol I didn't realize thats what you thought I meant. Its too hard to tell right now how the kits' ears will be although middle-sized kit has a nice looking ear base. Wool does grow fast on Jersey kits and by 3 weeks will almost look like miniature adults!They are soooo cute at that point its a real case of cuteness overload!!

going to post more pics tomorrow She is doing way better this time feeding them so good. I am proud of her. Her last litter she lost all 4 and never even nested no fur nothing. So this time it is way better.<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:15 pm __________<br /><br />Here they are more pics and you can see how big the got in just a few days. They are even getting darker.

005-4.jpg

008-8.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-6.jpg

Latest posts

Back