baby sparrow ~ need help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnies50

Reaction score
hi guys!! okay, i'm in Tucson for a short vacation (going home tomorrow) for my little brother's national tennis tournament. While he was on a break a couple hours ago he or one of his friends found a small juvenile house sparrow lying on the grass with an injured wing. it seems to be fine at the moment; it doesn't appear to be in pain but the wing is all over the place and the feathers are missing. Honestly, it seems to be alright at the moment; I watched over it for a couple of hours to keep it from being poked/stepped on by all the younger kids, and all it did was sleep.
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing ;P we've got coyotes, foxes and snakes all over the hotel i'm staying at, though, so i don't know what to do - especially since no one could find the parents or the nest after searching for half an hour and most of the parents immediately assumed it had fallen out of the nest (which it probably had). there weren't any other sparrows around.
i've called a couple of places, but the closest thing to a vet is an hour away. i'm not quite sure if there's REALLY anything to be worried about, since all it's currently doing is sleeping (it hopped onto me while i was sitting down and fell asleep for a long time) and doesn't seem to be hungry.
I would bring it inside, but i'm afraid to because outside it's about 104 and inside is 30 degrees cooler; i don't want to kill it with the cold temperatures :lol:
advice? i'm leaving tomorrow, back to CA, so help would be very much appreciated :)

Back