Baby Pygmy Goats on the way

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gash

Reaction score
I have two Does 100% sure pregnant and ready to pop in the near future. Their bags are starting to slowly show more and more, which from what I understand is indicative of birthing within the next 2-3 weeks, give or take. I'm checking for the tail ligaments later today to see if I can locate them since that seems to be the only real way to know when you're gal is going to go into labor. I'm making birthing pens for my two sweeties this weekend (sooner if time allows), but my question is this...what all do I need to have on hand to be prepared for birth. I know goats have relatively easy births but still want to stand by to make sure proper bonding happens and step in if needed.

What Milk supplement do you like to have on hand for your goats? I know a colostrum supplement is needed for the first 24 hours. I plan on buying/ordering a bottle and proper nipples to be prepared should I need to bottle feed. I have a crate for the youngin'(s) should I need to bring them in. Blankets, etc...

I'm a little shocked as I was told Pygmy Goats weren't suppose to be able to get pregnant until 2, but I now know that's not the case and when I found out about this fact, the girls were already pregnant. Grrr...why do some folks breed animals and give out faulty info!!! Oh well. I'm excited to have some littles coming :)

Back