Baby bunny was being bossed by the others.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzywuzzy

Reaction score
Apparently, I have some bossy bunnies that feel a need to rule the roost and flex their muscles.

The little 7.5 old rabbit that I thought was being abused really was being bossed around. The other 2 wouldn't let it near the water or the food. Thank goodness I realized there was something wrong with it.

I got some canned goats milk, made a mash out of it's pellets, added the goats milk with some honey and that little bun has gone right to town for the last few days. It's really obvious that it's now putting weight back on and he's looking good enough now that it's getting harder to tell it apart from the others. And the amount of water it's taken in is astounding.

I'm so glad I had you all to fall back on for advice and this was certainly a learning experience.

Good for you for recognizing that there was a problem! :clap2:

I have extra long J feeders in my growout pens. I think they are 12" long.

To avoid future bullying, multiple food and water sources may be a good idea.

I forgot to mention that... I had hubby go pick up extra feeders and water bottles so there's multiple places they can all eat. One of the little buggers will run right up to whatever this little bun is doing and push it out of the way. We're still keeping an eye on it and still doing at least one hand feeding a day. It's putting weight on SO quickly!

I felt like a dumb@ss for a while...always raised dogs...rabbits are a new venture and there's definitely a learning curve. So I'm really glad I found this place! The information has been invaluable. I want to learn as much as I can and I want the best for my rabbits regardless of what I use them for.

Back