Auction score

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
Went to Woodstock auction last night - I was meeting someone to pick up an Ameracauna rooster (pretty boy!) and thought I'd try for some rabbits. Usually when I go to the auction, I'm selling not buying, so this was a new adventure for me.

I was almost ready to give up and leave because they had so much "stuff" to auction off before they got to the livestock, but I hung in there. While I was waiting, I bought a neon-yellow driving whip (to do so T-Touch work with a young horse) and a solidly made wooden small tack/grooming box.

Then, I got a nice pair of FlemishX rabbits - buck and doe, and three smaller rabbits for meat. I have four young FlemishX does, so now I have a buck for them when they're ready. :D Of course, the new rabbits are in the other barn in quarantine away from the main herd. :cool: They all look bright-eyed and healthy with clean, soft coats. There were a couple of New Zealand does, but they looked a bit dirty, so I passed.

I was told that fryers were going at Hagersville yesterday for $17. :p That's nuts. One non-descript doe, that was said to be three weeks bred, went for that much too. I couldn't begin to guess what breed she might be. People are strange. :roll:

Sounds great! I wonder if there are any auctions near me.

I've already scored a Bred Argente Brun doe at the DR&CBA auction and that is next weekend. The breeder said I could have it at the reserve bid ($60.00) since most of his stuff goes well over $100.00 at this auction. :lol:

well then.... HCF...you'll have to invite me up sometime. Put me up overnight and then we can go sell some $17 fryers together. :)

Back