Attaching 2 qt. rubber bowls to cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As warm weather approaches I really need to get my rear in gear to attach the bowls to the cages so they can't dump them (in winter I can refill twice a day, JIC, but in summer I don't think that will be enough). I know one member mentioned using wire so you can take them in and out, but I am trying to figure out the best way to do that. What are some other ideas/options? I really don't want to go back to waterbottles - refilling bowls has knocked huge chunks of time off of my rabbit chores, and it's a lot easier for the kids to help (they couldn't get the lids off of the bottles, and got frustrated when they spilled a lot of water trying to pour it in the narrow tops).

Just make a U over the bowl ... and shove both ends thru the bottom of the cage and twist them tight.

Ramjet":bdrbagbb said:
Just make a U over the bowl ... and shove both ends thru the bottom of the cage and twist them tight.
That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if that would hold (or if it would interfere with them getting to the water, but I guess the feeder openings aren't huge or anything).

I use rubber type bowls because it allows me to make the wire tight enough that the rabbit cant move it .... the bowl will deform a bit and its easy to remove to clean too.

They don't interfere with J-feeders either as I put them on the opposite side of the cage in each front corner.

Back