At the "Resort"...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
Anybody miss me? I had a bit of a health issue on Feb 24-- and wound up in the hospital until yesterday. Yesterday, I was transferred to a skilled nursing facility close to home, and am now waiting to hear when the repair surgery will be scheduled- hopefully on Thursday morning. I will be spending about a week at that hospital, then back here for rehab. By then, my daughter should be in the states and setting up our new place. Meanwhile, I understand that the rabbits are causing El Jerko an issue-- he insists on thoroughly cleaning everything every day-- so it is taking 'too much time'---Ah well-- now maybe he will figure out a few things, huh?
Of course, since I cannot go outdoors, the sun has been shining, and the temps are warming up. :(

The last week, despite the 'incarceration' has been beneficial-- pain levels are very low, flexibility is improved, and my not wanting to 'be' has turned back into the terrier type, 'hang in there' attitude that drives me to do things that I should not be able to do. The surgery will be real rough--it involves tranferring tendon tissue from one part of the leg to another. 8 weeks in a full length cast-- not a pleasant thought-- but at least it won't be in the heat of the summer :) Oh== this facility has a resident cat that wanders about, and a huge finch aviary in one of the public areas. :Lots of bird feeders outside the patient room windows.

Does anyone care to join me? The food isn't half bad....

Terry

Good heavens! Prayers that all will be well and SOON! but..I have to admit...a Finch aviary? how cool is THAT? and a cat that wanders around? (one hopes the cat doesn't get to go into the aviary...ahem...) Should make the healing go REALLY well :)

I've been wondering where you were, Terry! Sorry you've been in such a state, but really glad that they're working on getting you fixed up, and even more glad that you're back into "tough through it" mode! :)

...and yeah, if you've got to be laid up somewhere, that's pretty good that you've got birds and a visiting cat!

Of course we missed you, Terry... but I didn't guess you were laid up like that. Hope you heal fast and congrats on finding a nice facility to be laid up in. Nothing like a nice moggie to keep one company and purr up a storm. The aviary sounds pretty cool too!

Sorry you're having such a time, but it will force you to rest and get strong again... and keep you away from El Jerko. I'm glad your daughter will be arriving back in the US soon and setting up housekeeping for the two of you.

Take care and check in with us whenever you can!

I feel especially lucky- the social worker is letting me use his office computer to get on-line so I can 'visit' with you all. Physical therapy is fun-- it provides for a nice long (as in 2 hours worth) period of 'fun and games' Surgery has been delayed a week-- the surgeon wants to go over what he needs to do real thoroughly with me--so this next week will be a bunch of strengthening exercises for both legs... Meanwhile, while in therapy this morning--about 10 deer passed by the windows.
my friend Bob died here last year-- so it is kinda weird, but at the same time, I don't have the same health issues he did. And it seems like everynody knows everybody-- In fact, when I found out a certain person works here-- someone whose husband is the local bully and causes problems for El Jerko-(he may be my El Jerko, but he is still family)- I was assured that SHE would not/does not have ANY access to my information. It is bad enough they send their kids down the drive to snoop around...(got any rabbits for sale?)
I got pictures of the new grandbaby in the mail yesterday- she is SOOO cute... it is supposed to rain all week-- so it's a good time to be 'housebound'-- Another therapy patient this morning was in-- she had both carpal release and a rotator cuff surgery-- and is real anxious to get out and get the garden started-- so had both things done at the same time to reduce her down time---the staff were laughing at us--said we were both 'trouble', as we both made it plain we would push ourselves to health---They have been joking about me knowing 'the drill' for the different sets of exercises--Yep-I'm keeping one step ahead of them-- always ready for the mext set-up before they think I will be. And copnsidering I wake up naturally, about 4 a.m., I have nothing better to do than exercise before breakfast anyway-- so I actually get two sets of exercises in each day. Take care, everyone-- enjoy the warming up of this area, if you can...

Back