Article about eating rabbit meat

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see such an upbeat article about eating rabbit. The only part I didn't like was the "our hands were red to the wrists." How did that happen when the rabbit was already butchered and no doubt bled out? There just isn't much blood left in a rabbit carcass, no matter how inexperienced you are.

$12 a pound!!!! Wouldn't that be great!

It is nice to read that after reading so many vitriolic comments by people who apparently think meat at the store is made by the store (I'll never forget that FailBlog post!) or who believe that people who eat meat are evil.

Or, very oddly, that rabbits are "meant to be" pets, while chickens and cattle are "meant to be" for meat. My brain hurts trying to figure that one out. :stars:

Miss M":1gdashp1 said:
It is nice to read that after reading so many vitriolic comments by people who apparently think meat at the store is made by the store (I'll never forget that FailBlog post!) or who believe that people who eat meat are evil.

Or, very oddly, that rabbits are "meant to be" pets, while chickens and cattle are "meant to be" for meat. My brain hurts trying to figure that one out. :stars:

I agree, I personally make choices about what animals I eat or use in any fashion and which animals I play with. I don't judge somebody who makes different choices than me - including animals that in north america are really seen quite broadly as pets (dogs).

I wouldn't eat a dog but I don't see any difference in raising dogs to eat than raising pigs to eat.

Brody":12bfq3wp said:
I agree, I personally make choices about what animals I eat or use in any fashion and which animals I play with. I don't judge somebody who makes different choices than me - including animals that in north america are really seen quite broadly as pets (dogs).

I wouldn't eat a dog but I don't see any difference in raising dogs to eat than raising pigs to eat.

And I completely agree with that. There are countries where they will sell you a dog for a pet, or butcher the same dog for your dinner. I have no problem with that, and I would be willing to eat a dog. To be honest, I think the Chinese restaurants that are famous for taking care of stray cat populations are doing us a service (providing they inspect the cat to make sure it is okay to eat). And I grew up with cats and wish I could have one now... but my mom became allergic to them. :(

Rabbits are incredibly useful animals that are perfect for companionship, beauty, pelts, meat, and wool.

Latest posts

Back