Are kiwi leaves and vines rabbit safe?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone soup farm

Reaction score
I have two kiwi plants that are taking over and I would love to feed some to the buns. I know grape vines and leaves are okay but what about kiwi vines? :hmm:

I don't know... but let me say I am jealous, JEALOUS, I tell you! :angry:

I have always wanted kiwi vines. *Sniff!*

Fuzzy kiwi. So far they have produced more leaves and vines than edible kiwi. This year we have loads of little kiwi...lets hope they get up to size and flava!<br /><br />__________ Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:55 am __________<br /><br />The vines and leaves are beautiful and expansive.

Has anyone found info as to whether kiwi vines and leaves are edible for rabbits? I only found one reference and it was a website selling "edible rabbit toys" and the product was a "rabbit salad" (dried) that included kiwi (assume kiwi leaves dried but they didn't say...)

I would love to know as I have hardy kiwi on my list of things to plant and would love to know I can feed the clippings...

While I found no references to kiwi vines being safe for rabbits, the absence of references to them being toxic is significant, I think. This thread from the Northern Gardening forum at GardenWeb might be helpful. It concerns dogs and non-toxic vines. Most of the kiwi info is towards the bottom.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load ... 18194.html

Back