Register

Are Flemish colors mostly agouti?

A place to ask about rabbit colours and to discuss rabbit genetics -- and how to breed for the desired results.
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 0.00

Are Flemish colors mostly agouti?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby lyndseyrk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:04 pm

I was looking up colors of the Flemish. My mom has a Flemish cross and I wanted to verify what color she is. The colors listed are Sandy, Fawn, White, light gray, steel gray, black, and blue. So here's my question: Is a Sandy essentially a chestnut agouti, genetic wise? A light gray a chinchilla? Is steel gray a steel or a darker chin? Is blue a self? Or is part of the agouti group, too (opal?)? White is Rew? And black is self, right?
~ Lyndsey

Keller Rabbitry
Wheelersburg, Ohio

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 455.00

Re: Are Flemish colors mostly agouti?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby moonkitten » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Everything you ever wanted to know about Flemish Giant coat colours :shock:

http://www.nffgrb.com/Articles/Article-Genetics1.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Down the Rabbit Hole -Harlequins and New Zealand (black, blue, and broken)

BunnyBucks: 0.00

Re: Are Flemish colors mostly agouti?

Post Number:#3  Unread postby lyndseyrk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks!
~ Lyndsey

Keller Rabbitry
Wheelersburg, Ohio