Are baby teethers (rubber made) safe for rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zunair.fatimi

Reaction score
I dont have pet toys available here where i live....so i have to manage some homemade toys for my bunnies...are the toodler teethers which are rubber made safe for my bunnies and please suggest me some good homemade chewable rabbit toys.
Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't suggest rubber toys just out of concern that the bunnies would chew right through them and eat a good portion of it.

It would be safer to give them sticks cut from rabbit-safe trees (apple comes to mind) to chew on. I've seen lots of suggestions for wooden rabbit chew toys, ranging from sticks freshly cut off a fruit tree, to pieces of untreated pine from the local home improvement store that are cut to manageable sizes. As long as the wood doesn't have any chemicals, glue, or sealants on it, and barring a few species (no citrus or cedar, I believe?), it should make a fine chew toy for your bunny's chewing pleasure.

If you want a "toy" that they can fling around, a couple of curtain rings (the cheap plastic ones you find at the dollar store) hooked together will do the trick.

:D

Where are you located that you can't get pet toys, zunaire.fatimi?

Please add your location to your profile -- just your state or province or your country if not the United States or Canada. So many questions, including this one, influence the kind of advice you receive.

As Nymphadora already mentioned, safe pieces of tree branch (depends on location) or certain pine cones (again, don't know what you might have.) The cardboard rolls from paper towels or toilet paper are popular, especially if stuffed with hay. There are likely other topics discussing this if you scan down in the Rabbits for Pets Forum.

Latest posts

Back