Apprehensive- going home to an empty house.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
The Home evaluation by the physical therapy department was done on Wednesday. on Monday I see my surgeon. THursday is discharge planning meeting, and Friday the power goes back on at home.I will also grab a ride and try to do some stuff there, so that when i get back, all I need to do is put my clothes away. I then get to return home on the 19th.It will be so strange,.... no dogs.... no rabbits. I am making out a daily schedule to follow- in order to keep things as 'routine' as possible.Can I get through a day in a house where memories are, without reaching for a dog, or slipping a carrot into a cage? I shall see. Meanwhile, I have all sorts of new plants started, anda list of things to do to the house that cold noses make difficult! It's spring, and life is refreshed.....

Terry, how wonderful that you'll be able to go home soon! I can understand feeling apprehensive because some things -- especially the absence of furry friends -- will feel strange, but think how good it will feel to be HOME, surrounded by your own things again.

Let yourself look ahead a little. Once you are well and truly settled, maybe you can get a low-maintenance pet -- a single rabbit or cat would be my suggestion.

Keep in touch, kiddo! Your RT family is here to keep you company too.

:good-luck:

Glad to hear you are moving the healing journey back home. I am sure it will feel strange, and I hope things fall into place quickly so you can have some type of pet to keep you company soon. You will be able go care for them much better when you are completely well, so stay focused on getting better! Best of wishes to you!

I'll have my rabbits-- Skinny Acres is caring for my four-- and one of them is now the sire of 10 popples. I'll be setting up the larger bedroom for rabbits--I will hate not letting them graze outside, but any animals i have will be hidden. In the meantime, I intend to pursue theft charges against the two women who STOLE the dogs and equipment, and against the county for permitting it to happen ( ACO entered my home without my permission, believing the 2 lying women had release papers)..I have to learn a whole bunch of gait modifications in order to walk safely, and getting up off the ground-- well, that is going to be a challenge. I sure hope my better lawnmower has not been taken...

on the brighter side- I 'won" a garden gnome in a fund raising drawing-- I decided he is kinda cute- named him Sven Gnutsen- the Swedish Gnome. He will gaurd the raised containers for me--and wear a sign that says "SCAT! :gnight:

You have been through an ordeal, that's for sure! I am not one to go running to court for things, but in this case, I don't know of any other way to go about handling the situation... I hope you are able to present a solid case and get your service animals back in your care! Is that even an option at this point?

Heritage- when an ARA gets a hold of your animal- it disappears real fast. They were both trained Service Dogs--I am sure they fetched a pretty penny for the Pyr rescue in Pa, and for the GSD breeder/rescuer in the neighboring county. I found the physical addys of both thieves, and, when I get home, will finish compiling an inventory of missing items.

if people want to be on the lookout for the dogs (SkystheLimit is Gunny's breeder) Gunny would have been "rescued" by Mary Ann Ligget-Paris of Perry, Ohio, and Angelica was dumped into a Pyr rescue group based in Pennsylvania. Gunny was still intact- any recent neutering should have him carrying an empty scrotum. Angelica was spayed in December. Gunny will be 5 at the end of this month, and Angelica is approaching 6 years. The 'women' lied to me--offered to care for the dogs, and stole them, instead. NEVER AGAIN will I accept that kind of offer of help.

heritage":38zr7s2x said:
:cry: Makes me think twice about getting an animal from a "rescue" - that is just awful :evil: :cry:
definitely-- I understand that "retail rescue" sales amount to hundreds of millions of dollars a year. one of the aids here stated the local APL wants 300 dollars for a 10 year old mixed breed....younger dogs are more....

Frosted Rabbits":2k7mjbl1 said:
heritage":2k7mjbl1 said:
:cry: Makes me think twice about getting an animal from a "rescue" - that is just awful :evil: :cry:
definitely-- I understand that "retail rescue" sales amount to hundreds of millions of dollars a year. one of the aids here stated the local APL wants 300 dollars for a 10 year old mixed breed....younger dogs are more....
I had looked at a few for different breeds and the prices were ridiculous - if they were truly rescues, the home should matter more than the price point (although, with the application they have to fill out, I don't know how any of them get placed!).

Latest posts

Back