Anyone want to take a crack at guessing their color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
So those whohave stayed up to date on my Babies? Babies! thread know that I was recently blessed with 8 little popples from my high-white tri colored double maned lion head doe. She was bred to a broken black mini rex male named Shippo. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to take a crack at guessing their colors? I don't have individual pictures yet as they all look so similar right now I end up forgetting who has and hasn't had one taken yet.

Here is a group photo

orca-image-1501815973164.jpg_1501815973268.jpg

And a few individuals I have managed to take

This little one is my favorite, has his/her's mother's markings
20170803_070558.jpg

I have two that look like this
20170803_070435.jpg

This next little one is hard to tell but there is some very light silvering going on
20170804_073709.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality my phone on my camera didn't want to focus on the squirmers

Looks like you have 2 black and a couple of tri's (or torted tri's) but the rest I can't really tell. You'll probably have to wait a bit until their hair starts coming in better. Then we can start to tell if they are reds, REW's or maybe something else.

alforddm":3dr7zhx1 said:
Looks like you have 2 black and a couple of tri's (or torted tri's) but the rest I can't really tell. You'll probably have to wait a bit until their hair starts coming in better. Then we can start to tell if they are reds, REW's or maybe something else.

Pretty sure there are no REW's :lol:

All the white ones have color popping up on them in one form or another, then again I am most likely wrong since I am new to this color thing lol

Wish I can get a pick of one, looks like it is getting points of color <br /><br /> __________ Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 am __________ <br /><br /> So I have some updated photos, their quality is still kind of low though thanks to my phone not wanting to focus.

20170808_093620.jpg

20170808_093717.jpg

This next one is my favorite and looks like a harlie of some kind
20170808_093906.jpg

This little one the only color it has is the points on its ears
20170808_093953.jpg

20170808_094102.jpg

20170808_094323.jpg

Now if what I have learned about genetics is correct, mom was a high white tri evident by the solid colored babies in her litter which should not be possible if she was a Charlie since she was bred to a broken buck. So the babies with high amounts of white could either be Charlies themselves or just like her brokens only with more then the accepted amount of white. Yay? Nay?

In order of your most recent pics I think there's:
Broken tricolor,
black,
marpie harlequin,
frosted pearl or siamese,
broken black,
broken tri or broken orange too hard to tell on that one

KimitsuKouseki":1rzsyo4l said:
Broken tricolor,
black,
marpie harlequin,
broken black,

I think the magpie was possible from what the breeder I am helping told me, though I am not sure about the smoke pearl though

Maleficent":1ox7ay87 said:
KimitsuKouseki":1ox7ay87 said:
Broken tricolor,
black,
marpie harlequin,
broken black,

I think the magpie was possible from what the breeder I am helping told me, though I am not sure about the smoke pearl though
Sablesteel is the best at naming colors.
So yeah the frosted is probably just a pointed white.....

As for the magpie harlequin, that one I'm convinced that's what it is. Take a look at these little guys of mine http://kimitsukouseki.wixsite.com/bunbu ... -j61841rd2
You can tell the second to the left is a magpie, but since it doesnt have the split pattern like yours, mine is just a magpie.
And then I have Pipo http://kimitsukouseki.wixsite.com/bunbu ... m-j17mkvkk
who's a magpie harlequin like yours

20795070_10155362893415289_205184985_o.jpg

Here is an updated group shot I need to get individuals done. Also ignor the green, blue, and red colors in their ears. I was marking them ^^;

Latest posts

Back