Anyone want to guess...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonW

Reaction score
The colour of this Mini Rex Kit? It was born all pink.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

The Mother is a Castor from with Castor, Tort, and Red in her Pedigree. I know she carries self.
The Father is a Lilac.

There is a black tort, a blue, and an opal in the litter as well.

a poorly coloured red? I have no clue. I have a weird looking kit in one of my mini rex litters as well.... not quite that colour though.

I guess....Cinnamon ie: Castor but with a chocolate base instead of black -- is there a name for that combo in mini rex?

If we guess correctly do we get to keep the kit? ;)

Castor. And Devon, really, stop biting your nails!!! Ya gotta grow them to scratch rabbits back with!

I would vote castor with a bunch of rufous modifiers--but those should be born dark with a pink belly, right?

Mine were. I was amazed at how obvious the rufous modifiers were to spot on the newly furred kits, some of my castors carry them and some do not... and one of my reds is much more +++ than the other two, I thought you would have to wait until they were adult to see that.

Now, reds are born pink---and that completes my knowlege of newborn kit colors! :lol: What color is a black tort when it is born? Because at the moment that is what it looks the most like, doesn't it?

taking another look at that kit I'm wondering...chocolate agouti...or whatever it was that my red doe gave me that I thought were red kits until someone are RH said, no...they are ______'s instead. :)

My castors are born black with pink ears and belly. I would say red maybe cinnamon but even the chocolates are born darker not pink. We have chocolate, lilac, blue, black, and castor and the only pinks I've seen are the bellies on the agouti based and the white markings on the brokens.

Back