Anyone know what's wrong with my friends doe?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
So i get a text this morning that one of my friends does is nesting at day 10. My friend has never bred rabbits and just had her first rabbit breeding experience were her new doe only gave birth to a stillborn. So she bred her second doe and she is nesting in the corner of her cage but it's only day 10. I went through all my books and looked at my records and I can't find anything on this. My friend thinks it might be a false pregnancy but by the way the doe is acting, it seems she would be at like day 28. She growled at the buck and doesn't want to be touched. Any idea what this is?

It could be a false pregnancy. No sure way to know but to wait, not liking the buck imho is a good sign.

Or, more likely with first timers, her scedule is just somewhat messed up. Bred a 2yo doe for the first time this year, and she did build a nest way early. The actual nest then wasn't impressive, but ok, she did well.

Your friend's doe obviously hasn't read the rule book: How to Have a Successful Kit-Free False Pregnancy and Drive Your Owner Crazy. :lol:

Day 10 or Day 17, it doesn't make any difference. It is likely to be a false pregnancy. But my advice in the other thread stands: treat it as a real pregnancy and give her a nest box by Day 28 on the off-chance that the doe is actually pregnant.

I have had does who did this their entire lives.. and went on to produce large healthy litters for years.. .. as was mentioned above... make sure she has a clean nest box, and is well supplied with bedding material , on day 28 ...

Back