• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

anyone know ....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay

I'm becoming somewhat suspicious and wondering if it's just me...

Have someone emailing, wanting delivery of a rabbit to Hamilton.
Says it's for her and her daughter.

Name is Rachel M.

BUT... I don't know...repeated emails over the course of a year, makes me kinda wonder what's up. I know that there are rabbits in Hamilton, and definitely rabbits closer to this individual than I am.

So I"m kinda wondering what the focus is on me for delivering a rabbit to Hamilton. I like my bunnies but I am sure there are just as good pet bunnies closer to Hamilton.

Are you worried it is Animal Rights activists? The ones that attacked your website awhile back?

If it doesn't feel right to you, I suggest you just give it a miss. Tell the person it is too far to deliver. The gas and time it would take would wipe out your profit anyway.

I'm just not sure.... but today my radar just got highly activated and I'm just trying to figure out why. I've repeatedly told this individual if she wants delivery of a rabbit to Hamilton she'll have to pay me 30 cents/kilometer both ways. OR that I can get the rabbit close to Hamilton, but then communication stops for another month or two when it repeats...

I agree with Maggie, if it doesn't feel right, don't sell.

Tell them it's too far. That's a true statement.

You don't have to say anything else.
You can just ignore any further messages from them.

Have a good day!

I wonder if they don't realize they keep asking the same person every time? Are they responding to an ad? Maybe you tell them no and then they keep searching and a couple months go by and they see another ad and try again without realizing it's the same person?

Yeah, probably not.

contacted a breeder friend, she mentioned that she THOUGHT it was a snake breeder feeder. Doesn't respond just to ads, will write via my website too.

I told her, she wants a rabbit it will cost her $108 to deliver it. I doubt she will take me up on the offer. For a $20 rabbit I certainly wouldn't.

If she does take you up on it and you do deliver it... Don't go alone. Anyone crazy enough to agree to pay that much for a $20 rabbit is likely to be just plain... crazy.

Not only that... You could end up driving all that way only to find that she is then unwilling to pay the delivery costs. You end up either giving in or having a total loss on your time and gas money.

oh...she'd have to EMT me the dollars first. :) for the mileage and for the rabbits.

and hubby would come with me. :)

It does sound fishy. When you get those warning feelings (and start seeing red flags like repeat emails over a long period of time) there is usually a reason for the feelings and it's better to be safe. If it were me selling the rabbit I would not only bring someone with me, I'd make sure there were people at home keeping an eye on things. If you've been pestered by animal rights nuts it could be a trick to get you away from your stock at home for a few hours so they can raid your rabbitry. Be very cautious - peace of mind is worth more than the price of the rabbit.

three emails now in the course of one week, responding to different ads, from three different email addresses, all stating different family scenarios.

I just find it rather odd.

I just won't go there with her at this point.

Back