Anyone in the central michigan area?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fall mom

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone was in the central Michigan area. I have a surgery coming up that will put me down for at the very least a week. The man of the house and my older kids should be able to manage my rabbits while I am down but as with any surgery there are risks and this will be my 4th surgery since August. I had a double mastectomy and had complications with reconstruction. The glue the surgeon used during the surgery failed and allowed outside things inside creating a bad infection in both implants. I was direct admitted a week after for removal. I will be going in for a second attempt at reconstruction. In the rare event I kick the bucket (I don't expect to but s--- happens) I wanted a back up plan for the Mr. To have someone to contact to take the rabbits (I don't need private info or anything just wanted him to know who he could log in and connect with on rabbit talk. If there even is someone closeish) My kids and boyfriend aren't concerned with commercial foods or GMOs or anything like that --I am kicking the crap food out on my own. So if there is no me there is no one to care for my buns long term they deserve someone to care for them. My rabbits give a lot so that I can provide a better diet for my family. I owe it to them to have plans in place for their care. I currently have a cali doe that should be pregnant. A black new Zealand doe that kindled 12 yesterday and a black new Zealand buck. The cali doe is due May 3rd... which happens to be my surgery date. The doe was bred prior to my surgery being scheduled. This is her first pregnancy so I wish I'd had know my surgery date I wouldn't have bred her when I did. They were saying June at first. It is highly unlikely I will kick the bucket but the responsible thing to do is make sure my bases are covered. I do not know anyone who will want them, everyone is all judgey and grossed out I have meat rabbits. Anyway just checking to see who is in the area. I figured if someone is on a rabbit forum it is because they care enough about their animals to connect with others about them and that is who I'd want to take my rabbits. I know they are meat rabbits but they deserve respect and love for what they do.

Not anywhere near Michigan, but *hugs*. You will be in my prayers.

(21 year cancer survivor)

Latest posts

Back