Register

New Title: In Indy

Discussion of rabbit shows, news and events and tips about showing your rabbits.
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,636.00

Re: Anyone going to Indy?

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Thank you SableSteel and Random Rabbit for explaining the sales situition in more depth! I actually bought a rabbit from convention last year. I payed for the rabbit, entry fee and transportation, the seller and transporter took care of the little details.
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 3,729.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby SableSteel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:32 pm

And the booths have a competition for best decorations, so they go all out with (mostly) rabbit related decor. The history booth is a good one to visit too; they usually have historical stuff out for people to look at, which is one of my favorite things to see. Speaking of booths, if you want to buy official merchandise for this convention, like a shirt or a patch, go on the the first day; they sell out quickly. Plenty of vendors have booths too, and you can buy pretty much anything and everything rabbit related at convention.
Show Breeder & ARBA Registrar

The following user would like to thank SableSteel for this post
Ozarkansas

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 688.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby OnTheBrightside » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:18 am

I'm going as a spectator! Unfortunately don't have anything to show because I lost all my stock a couple years ago and just this week got a new starter herd for showing. I think I'm going the first day, to try and scope out any sales rabbits and maybe get a t-shirt.
Hopefully by the next one thats close by (I'm an hour or so from Indy) I'll have plenty to enter.

If anyone wants to meet up I'd love to meet some RT members!
Sugar Maples Rabbitry

Post Number:#19  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:06 am

OnTheBrightside wrote:I'm going as a spectator! Unfortunately don't have anything to show because I lost all my stock a couple years ago and just this week got a new starter herd for showing. I think I'm going the first day, to try and scope out any sales rabbits and maybe get a t-shirt.
Hopefully by the next one thats close by (I'm an hour or so from Indy) I'll have plenty to enter.

Sorry to hear about you stock :( I *might* see you there, but there will be a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on... And just out of curiosity, what breed do you have?
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,293.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Random Rabbit » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:35 am

Somewhere , here on Rabbit Talk, is a post with a name tag that could be printed out to help identify RT members at large gatherings.
I do think i might have spotted someone wearing one, at one of the big shows. ( but i could not get close to them in the crowd to be certain)

Here it is :) :

official-rt-member-show-badge-t22512.html
Jersey Woolies
CM Homestead
https://www.facebook.com/cmhomestead

The following user would like to thank Random Rabbit for this post
Ozarkansas

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,166.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby SixGun » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 am

I need to start wearing those tags at shows. That would be fun. I'd completely forgotten about them. Maybe tape one to my sales board.

I've had to change my plans for Indy. I wanted to go, but, I'm changing gears a little bit. Plus, the couple I really wanted to show just won't be in coat.... so.... next year Massachusetts baby!

Post Number:#22  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

SixGun wrote:I've had to change my plans for Indy. I wanted to go, but, I'm changing gears a little bit. Plus, the couple I really wanted to show just won't be in coat.... so.... next year Massachusetts baby!

Sorry to hear you had to change plans. I don't think I will be in Massachusetts. But maybe I'll post pics this time, and you can post pics next time?
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,166.00

Post Number:#23  Unread postby SixGun » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:37 am

Ozarkansas wrote:
SixGun wrote:I've had to change my plans for Indy. I wanted to go, but, I'm changing gears a little bit. Plus, the couple I really wanted to show just won't be in coat.... so.... next year Massachusetts baby!

Sorry to hear you had to change plans. I don't think I will be in Massachusetts. But maybe I'll post pics this time, and you can post pics next time?

That sounds like a great idea!!

The following user would like to thank SixGun for this post
Ozarkansas

Post Number:#24  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 pm

SixGun wrote:
Ozarkansas wrote:

That sounds like a great idea!!

:D
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 688.00

Post Number:#25  Unread postby OnTheBrightside » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Ozarkansas wrote:
OnTheBrightside wrote:I'm going as a spectator! Unfortunately don't have anything to show because I lost all my stock a couple years ago and just this week got a new starter herd for showing. I think I'm going the first day, to try and scope out any sales rabbits and maybe get a t-shirt.

Sorry to hear about you stock :( I *might* see you there, but there will be a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on... And just out of curiosity, what breed do you have?

I breed Rex, and focus on the Sable variety. I'm hoping to get them back up and more interested people showing them. They're numbers are so low.
Sugar Maples Rabbitry

Post Number:#26  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:46 pm

OnTheBrightside wrote:
Ozarkansas wrote:

I breed Rex, and focus on the Sable variety. I'm hoping to get them back up and more interested people showing them. They're numbers are so low.

I don't think I have ever seen a Sable rex before... They sound really neat looking :)
Last edited by Ozarkansas on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,328.00

Post Number:#27  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 am

I wouldn't mind going, but I'm definitely outclassed in Indy. As it is, I think I'll enter the Ohio State New Zealand RBA show in 2018 with my next generation. The first time I showed at OSNZBRA I placed middle of the road (which was about where I thought I was)--but it was rather like taking your backyard Thoroughbred to the Kentucky Derby; don't expect to place high!!!
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 720.00

Post Number:#28  Unread postby Harelady » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm

I am going. Will be cheering on the person who will be presenting the Tan Belgian Hares.

Post Number:#29  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Harelady wrote:I am going. Will be cheering on the person who will be presenting the Tan Belgian Hares.

I got my Beverens from someone with tan Belgians. I don't care for the standards much, but every time I see the tans I have to continually tell myself all the reasons why I can't get Belgian Hares. Yet... ;)
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms

BunnyBucks: 87,553.00

Post Number:#30  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:47 pm

I am coming, in fact we are on the road right now.

I will have a booth for my Critterz Chewzit toys, so if any RT'ers want a convenient place to visit, stop on by!
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

The following user would like to thank MamaSheepdog for this post
Ozarkansas

PreviousNext