anyone ever use radiant barrier insulation?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
After hemming and hawing for a really long time on the building or buying of a barn I ended up purchasing a 18x21 carport.! I just had it installed yesterday and now the whole construction into the BunnyPort must start. (I also need to have a bonfire for all the pallets I've collected that was going to become the rabbit shed - It shall be Glorious! Bring marshmallows!)

ANYWAY -

I'm debating using reflective barrier on the underside of the roof - I found a place where I can get 550-600 sq feet of scrap pieces ( 4 foot wide sections of different lengths and types) for roughly $150 including shipping. I only need about 400 sq feet (less actually) but I have to order at least the 550-600 sq. feet amount. Husband doesn't think it's all that necessary as there are two trees that will throw shade at different times of the afternoon but from about 9 am till 2ish it will be in full sun. The legs are 6 foot so the center is at least 10 - I haven't measured it and I'm bad at the maths so it's just a guess. I plan on hanging the cages so the top of them are right at the 6 foot mark.

I don't have any experience using radiant barrier foil and wondered if anyone here had use it in a rabbit barn or in your house? does it work? Is the price I got for the Sq. Footage good? - I think it is but ya never know!

I was told spray foam would be helpful for both insulation and making the roof more rigid but that stuff is not in the budget!

I also have plans to make barn curtains with shade cloth for summer and tarp for winter.

Hi Wheels,

A radiant barrier installed the underside of the carport roof will help quite a bit reflecting the sun during the 9 am to 2 pm full sun. Our Ultima-FOIL radiant barrier reflects 97% of the radiant heat and many people use it in agricultural buildings. We have a 500 sf roll available on our website for $74 with $14 shipping for a total of $88 which is much less than the price you were quoted for scraps :) And our 1,000 sf roll is $129 with shipping of $19.

Good luck, RadiantGUARD
www.RadiantGUARD.com

Wheels":1qr7fawo said:
I also need to have a bonfire for all the pallets I've collected that was going to become the rabbit shed - It shall be Glorious! Bring marshmallows!

:lol: "It shall be Glorious!"

Umm- if I come, do we get to have a bunny BBQ?

Lol, Galadriel!

I was actually very impressed by the RadiantGuard post! Way to focus on marketing!

Hey- RadiantGUARD Rep- you might want to start an advertising campaign here on RabbitTalk. Rabbits are very sensitive to heat, and everyone will be focused on finding ways to keep their bunnies cool this summer.

Got to admit ~ I checked it out. New Mexico is hot hot hot in summer.

*Thinking, since he did "spam" us... he should give RT members a 10% discount*

jeannie":3fkyhkdf said:
*Thinking, since he did "spam" us... he should give RT members a 10% discount*

Lol! Good idea!!!

I did send him a PM explaining our posting guidelines for Buy, Sell, Trade. Since this is a legitimate business, as opposed to a private party transaction (or business owned by an active RT member), we have decided to allow the post to remain in this thread.

However, "spamming" other posts will not be allowed, and I invited RadiantGUARD to contact MidnightCoder about advertising options. :)

I know some people search for mention of their products regularly. The makers of Timberwolf organics dog and cat food always seemed to show up on forums when people were complaining about their customer service and quality control. They claimed they never understood why anyone was complaining. One person called in to report the food smelled rancid and the customer service told her to try feeding it to her dog and see what happened. :| Nope nothing to complain about here. We also had another incident where someone's self improvement article was discussed on a mental health forum and they showed up to defend various points. There's no way they could have been tipped of to that one without looking for it.

Latest posts

Back