Any Opinions on My Mini Rexs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandm Bunnies

Reaction score
Sorry in advance, I know they aren't posed but if you have any opinions about them, though they aren't posed. We'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)
Celeste: Broken Castor Doe
Carter: Chocolate Buck
Caramel: Chocolate Harlequin Doe
Artie: Chocolate Buck
Archie: Broken Chinchilla Buck

__________ Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:26 pm __________

Rose: Orange doe
Luna: chocolate otter doe
Lola: blue doe
Lena: black doe
Fudge: chocolate doe <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:28 pm __________ <br /><br /> Twix: Harlequin doe

Attachments

• archie.jpg
    archie.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,391
  • artie1.jpg
    artie1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,391
  • caramel.jpg
    caramel.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,391
  • carter.jpg
    carter.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 1,391
  • celeste.jpg
    celeste.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,391
  • fudge.jpg
    fudge.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,390
  • lena.jpg
    lena.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 1,390
  • lola.png
    lola.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 1,390
  • luna.jpg
    luna.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,390
  • rose.jpg
    rose.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,390
  • twix.jpg
    twix.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,390
They are all very cute! Im not an expert about the other colors, but I do know that your last bunny (the broken chinchilla) unshowable due to lack of nose markings. I wish that wasn't the case because there are some very pretty bunnies that get disqualified because of lack on nose or lack of nose symmetry.

ANicole":2qq4pq61 said:
They are all very cute! Im not an expert about the other colors, but I do know that your last bunny (the broken chinchilla) unshowable due to lack of nose markings. I wish that wasn't the case because there are some very pretty bunnies that get disqualified because of lack on nose or lack of nose symmetry.

We know that he is unfortunately unshowable, we are just planning on using him as a breeding buck with our solid does, hoping their kits will have nice patterns. Thanks for your input :)

Dood":1qscdy7o said:
Can you share what your breeding goals are? Pets? Showing? Other?

Well right now we mainly breed for pets and we show at local fairs mostly. But a few people have bought from us for show and breeding. :)

Evaluating photos of well posed rabbits can only tell you so much- it is much better to actually be able to get your hands on the rabbit in person- so evaluating rabbits that are not posed gives even less credible information.

That said, Lola, Caramel, and Archie all seem to have long and low shoulders.

The lack of a butterfly on Archie's nose is not only a DQ, but thought to highly heritable. I personally would not use him as a herd buck.

Rose, Lena, and Carter have the best ear length.

Luna looks like she has the best overall confirmation.

If you can get posed pictures of them I'm sure you will get much more input. :)

When you go to a show, get someone who raises them to teach you how to pose them. I know it is tricky to keep them posed and take pictures, but it is often
kind of hard to eval them when they are not posed properly.

Latest posts

Back