Any ideas on breed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANicole

Reaction score
Hi, i got a new rabbit yesterday from someone who got it for a child as a pet, and of course, the child lost interest, so now i have him. I was told he was a mini rex, but i currently have 3 OTHER mini rexes, so i do not think that is what he his. I think he could possibly be HALF mini because he seems about the right size and his fur is soft, but not as soft as the others. however, his fur is VERY soft when stroking him from his rear to his head, so i am also wondering if maybe he is a poorly cared for mini rex (not that he was mistreated, but his previous owners may not have realized that mini rex fur requires more special attention) he is 2 years old, weighs about 3.8 pounds and his ears are about 3 1/2 inches long. if you happen to know his exact coloring, that would be helpful too (he looks black, but his undercoat is so white for a black fur) here is a collage of him:

ab6uzq.jpg

If you have any questions, or want me to get a different picture angle, let me know.

thanks in advance!

So far as I know, there is no way to neglect rex into not-rex fur. :)
It should be obvious right away. I don't think it looks rexed at all.

The first impression I got was "Havana," but he's a bit small for that. Definitely has dwarf genes.
A mini rex cross is totally possible. :shrug:
The color would still be called black, even with the light undercoat.

Not a rex but could be a Rex cross, or not :mrgreen:

He may be a self chinchilla (which looks black but genetically is not) as in my experience they do have a whiter undercoat as the chinchilla genes eliminate brown pigments from the fur :)

He looks like a Pet Quality Polish. I have a big brood doe like him but she outproduces herself.

Latest posts

Back