Any bunny have a rabbit business?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
Hey everybunny!

I decided to post this post to see all who had a rabbit business! Like making toys, clothes, wool, selling droppings ( :oops: :shock: :lol: ), or anything else like that!
I would love to see what you make! I don't know if theres already a post like this, but theres so many posts on RT that i gave up on trying to look for one.

I am trying to start my own rabbit business. I make natural rabbit toys made out of hay, string, cardboard, ect. The idea came from my mom when I started making toys for Olaf. Olaf loved them and my mom thought they were cute and very well made.
So I came up with ' Little Nibbles'. I made a website and waited. I told friends and family and waited. I sold 3-4 toys to someone from our home school group but that was it. No one else bought toys. I was kinda sad and quit. A few days ago I thought I would try again. I realized that I hadnt tried hard enough. Yesterday I printed out labels and business cards, and made a few toys. Today I will make more until I have a pretty full stock. Then we will go to our favorite and local petshop called Pampered Pets and see if we can sell some to them. I hope they like them! Soon I will update my website and tell a few more people. Starting a business is hard work.
I won't be shipping yet as it is too hard for me. I am just a young girl still.....
So yeah, thats my business.
Now you tell me about yours!

Good for YOU!!!

A few suggestions....
Find craft fairs, farmers market, pet stores, feed stores etc
See if they will work a commission based to start... eg. you stop in weekly and inventory what has sold. If something sells, they pay you minus 30%... get your name started. (write things out all legal formal.. just so everyone is clear and protected)
Or see if they will let you set up a small table to sell during the holiday season.
Rabbit shows... Saw someone at the big Ohio Mini convention with a table set up selling toys! my friend almost bought her out...lol....
Make sure your signage tells people, locally made! That is a big marketing plus here.

I'm not sure about your area, but you might want to investigate liability insurance.

As a farmers market stall operator, I am always willing to make space for a crafter or artist on my stand with exactly those terms.

Think in terms of marketing strategy.... Who are you marketing to?... Were will they see your product? ... How can you reach them?.... What is your competitor? ... What is the BENEFIT of bying from you vs competitor?... Pricing? - this is very tricky, too cheap and people won't buy, too expensive and people won't buy..... Use your competition pricing and gauge accordingly (larger toy, but same price is a great/easy marketing tool)...

Write all this down... google "Business Plan" and you will get a structure to organize your plan.... We are talking a ringed binder with dividers and lots of brainstorming, photos, research etc.

ALSO, you may be able to get credits at school for doing up a business plan, talk to a trusted teacher.

@SarinaTricia
Thanks! Those are all great ideas! I defiantly should've tried harder starting my business from the beginning.
My mom is my teacher, so I kinda get extra credit for all the crafty things i do! :lol: I'm home schooled ( with 7 siblings...lifes crazy at our house!) .
We are hopefully going to the petshop tomorrow so lets hope for the best. My mom said I should first just ask if people would buy them, price range for how much I should sell them, and if they would possibly be able to sell them there. I need to get a litter box for Olaf there anyways.
I totally wish I could sell them to my friends on RT but I live so far away from most everyone on here. If I did I would give everyone a discount! :D
Thanks for all the ideas!!!!!

I am currently starting to market Angora wool and some handspun yarn. I have not sold anything yet but I just started. Still learning to spin good yarn but have created some pretty art yarn. We will see if this goes anywhere. I am hoping to sell things to help with feed cost and such.

Harelady":1l1bg8o5 said:
I am currently starting to market Angora wool and some handspun yarn. I have not sold anything yet but I just started. Still learning to spin good yarn but have created some pretty art yarn. We will see if this goes anywhere. I am hoping to sell things to help with feed cost and such.

Good for you too!
I suggest a business plan for anyone who wants to make a plan to make some money with anything.
The reason is to sharpen your focus and brainstorm on all the marketing avenues you can use...
I personally like a binder with tabs, but a Bristol board with images cut out, or a scrap book with notes, pictures, drawings etc would work too.

When you write things down they tend to go from dream to reality quicker.

(Kinda want to get an angora and learn how to spin... but, with two jobs, plus the rabbits, kids, farmers market in the summer and parent 2.5 hours out of town, I don't think I can make it fit.)

@Harelady
Thats really cool!!! I love angoras. And angora yarn ( if thats what its called) is really cool. Once I saw an agouti sweater. Could've been photoshop but it was really cool! <br /><br /> __________ Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:02 pm __________ <br /><br /> OKAY GUESS WHAT?!?!?!
The petshop said yes! They liked the toys and said if I can make a whole box full of them, they will set up a stand in the shop! They will sell the toys there and pay me!
I didn't want to do this for money. I wanted to do this because ever since I was little I loved to play shops and pretend to have a business! For awhile now I have wanted this so badly. And now, I really, really have my own business! Yay! :D
I know I haven't even made any money or sold any toys yet, but I'm still super excited! One of my kinda friends ordered one already! Well she ordered 2. But since she is my friend I am giving them to her for free! My phone died though...so she doesn't know that yet.....let's go charge it. :lol:
Also I created a website! Please go check it out if you want! One day I will do shipping, but it costs a bit of money. My mom said maybe once I sell at least some toys, I can ship if people pay for shipping as well.
Here's a link to my site: http://littlenibblessa.weebly.com/
Let me know if you like the site and if I should change anything:) :)

By the way, thanks so much, SarinaTricia! I told my mom some of your ideas and she thought they were great! We now have some more ideas to get my business going. ;)

Back