Another color question!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyoBunnies

Reaction score
I love this group. You are all so helpful with colors! This is my daughters rabbit, would you say he is a Blue Agouti? Or is it Opal? The photo of his face was when he was 8 weeks old. The other 2 are current, he is now 6 months old.

Attachments

• Theodore1.jpg
    Theodore1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 803
  • Theodore2.jpg
    Theodore2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 803
  • Theodore3.jpg
    Theodore3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 803
WyoBunnies":18m7zi6j said:
This is my daughters rabbit, would you say he is a Blue Agouti? Or is it Opal?

I've never really heard "Blue Agouti" before, but Opal is dilute agouti... which would mean they'd be the same thing.

Your bunny actually looks closer to chinchilla coloring to me, but try blowing into his fur and identifying the ring colors. Opals have a slate blue undercolor, orange/golden tan middle, and blue tips. If there's no orange/gold middle, my guess would be chinchilla (especially since his ear lacing is black).

:)

Nymphadora":2c3nogn3 said:
WyoBunnies":2c3nogn3 said:
This is my daughters rabbit, would you say he is a Blue Agouti? Or is it Opal?

I've never really heard "Blue Agouti" before, but Opal is dilute agouti... which would mean they'd be the same thing.

Your bunny actually looks closer to chinchilla coloring to me, but try blowing into his fur and identifying the ring colors. Opals have a slate blue undercolor, orange/golden tan middle, and blue tips. If there's no orange/gold middle, my guess would be chinchilla (especially since his ear lacing is black).

:)

OOHHHH, so I'm making up my own colors. hahaha. Good to know! I don't think I has any orange/golden tan in his ring color, but I will double check! Thanks! <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:44 am __________ <br /><br /> No orange/gold color in his fur. So he must be a chestnut! He's different shades of gray (blue) in his ring pattern.

You are both totally right on the Chinchilla! Thank you! And he does look like the sable. He has a tiny bit of gold-ish color along his back legs, like a light dusting. But that's it. He's such a pretty boy. haha. I really want to breed him. (I'm not planning too but gosh he's pretty!)

Latest posts

Back