Another baby colour thread :) ADDED new pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Mom.... ALMOST black but is "off" black.

Dad a orange.black.white tricolour

I know I have opal and broken opal, chestnut.
Broken opal

opal

chestnut

One I think is a siamese sable... the other is different.
Siamese sable?

Mystery kit.. have a silvery "wet" look to it. NOT blue, not chin, not really anything I've seen before

Thoughts?

Actually, what I'm seeing in your colors is:

broken chestnut
black tort
chestnut
black
black sable

though I could be mistaken the lighting in your pictures is a little off. maybe taking some better pictures? :)

Well.... I think
I'm wrong.. It's blue!!!!

the works

A pale grey/brown kit.. pretty sure this one is an opal

siamese sable?

blue?

either a broken opal or a broken blue otter, more likely to be opal

chestnut

First is probably smoke pearl chin, or sable chin.
Sable
Blue
Broken Opal
Broken Chestnut.

that's better!

The first one is a sable blue chinchilla

black sable

blue sable

broken opal

chestnut agouti

hmm I thought sable was just the changing shades of browns as they age. didn't know it happened in other colors?

The smoke pearl chin(or blue sable chin) is going to look like a poorly coloured blue chin(or squirrel I believe). Genetically it would be A_B_cchl_ddE_.

I do not believe that the 3rd pic is a smoke pearl(or blue sable), though. Smoke pearls are much lighter, a dove grey colour. That kit looks more like a blue to me.

okay.. so blue sable is smoke pearl? Just different names for the same colour?

That kit is NOT a smoke pearl as I've had those before.

if the first is a sable chin I'll be delighted. I had those in my meat rabbits before they left and I absolutely LOVE that colour. :)

Mind.. since I have this whole MOVING thing looming it makes it really hard to figure out what to keep and what to sell .. and these months kits are what i'll be looking at what I would keep back.

ARGH!!! I HATE THIS. All the colours I like in one litter!!!!! I cannot keep the whole litter. I just CANNOT do that.

I really believe the first kit to be smoke pearl chin, which is dilute sable chin, so essentially the same, only will be lighter.

If you have to pick one or two of the litter to keep back, keep the smoke pearl chin, and/or sable. They will put you in the best place to replicate this litter, when bred to the appropriate mate.

hopefully one of them will be a doe and I have a young buck that I am keeping back will hopefully work well with them. :)

maybe eventually I'll get my chocolate tricolours.....

I could set you up with a breeding pair that would be likely to give you chocolate tri mini rex...

thanks Bad Habit....but no mini rex. :) I am happy just doing my hollands and polish as this point.... and slowly winnowing down my herd as I can (and will if possible) build it up again. :)

Latest posts

Back