Register

And this is why I hesitate to tell people -edit AC took my r

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 48,829.00

And this is why I hesitate to tell people -edit AC took my r

Post Number:#1  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:37 am

Why don't I advertise more? Why don't I try harder to sell rabbits and bunny berries?
Why don't I try to sell meat? why don't I sell pets?

This is why--- From my FB page

If you are not on my friends list, then you haven't read that the lady who has been helping me find my dog has betrayed me. I mentioned I feed the dogs natural, I raise rabbits for them. I came home today and all my rabbit cages were open, adults and young kits were missing, Sick rabbits were running around with healthy ones, does and bucks together, Different breeds.

I am so angry and I do plan to file a report. How do I know it's her? Well she sent me a text, said she was bringing me something, then never responded to my later text. She is the only local person who knows about the rabbits, and she is the only one that knew the barking dogs behind the fence had been crated due to the break out.

A price to pay for finding my dog. If you are local to Ohio, you need to know her name. An undercover AR.
Last edited by skysthelimit on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

The following user would like to thank skysthelimit for this post
Zass

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 12,558.00

Re: And this is why I hesitate to tell people about my rabbi

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:08 am

God is great, beer is good, -- and people are crazy...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

The following user would like to thank michaels4gardens for this post
Homer, HOWsMom, Sumatra

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 34,316.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ladysown » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:18 am

so sorry you have to deal with garbage.

Get fingerprints, charge her with trespassing, something, anything. make it a point that this is WRONG.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Admin
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,409.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:38 am

Wow! That's just so rotten! :evil: :evil: :evil:

So sorry this happened, Sky. :cry: I agree with Ladysown -- report the crime, voice your suspicions and file charges.

Between this and what happened to Frosted Rabbits' service dogs, it would seem your area is a hotbed of ARA activity. In both cases the thefts were apparently perpetrated by a woman who pretended to be helping.

Thank you for alerting people to the dangers -- especially members living in Ohio.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,950.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Zinnia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:36 pm

I am so sorry to hear this! I really sympathize with you. I cannot imagine the horror and betrayal you must have felt! :cry:

I feel like I am an honest and fragile human being and all too often, I open up about my world only to regret sharing. I feel so much anxiety when it comes to people's judgments. I once responded to a want ad for rabbits (NEVER AGAIN) and the woman was just off. Didn't seem to know about or even care much for rabbits at all, but kept asking for pictures. I sent her tons of pictures of our barn, all the hutches and rabbits... When I started asking her tons of questions to be sure she was fit to own an angora, she stopped communicating. The only thing I could conclude is that she was an animal rights person who was satisfied enough with the photos and she thought she couldn't sabotage me based on what she saw.

I feed rabbit to our dogs, too. But, we kill and butcher responsibly to do so. Some people just don't get it and they really need to mind their own business!

Again, I am SO SORRY you had to go through this!

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,899.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Prisma » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 pm

I'm so sorry, AR activities have took a steep upward spiral lately. It seems with the new get out and adopt or the work shops they put on here at tsc and other places are bringing them out more, like to the group if 1 does it they all jump the wagon. I avoid tsc on days they are going to be around, and any other establishment. There's not a single feed store that doesn't have some AR people around. If you are willing, I would like to know who she is. I list rabbits in several states, mostly show boards, but can never be too careful sadly. I hope that they get what deserved l.
Visit the Rabbitry on the web @ http://prismaticrabbitry.wixsite.com/prismatic

Specializing in Mini Rex for showing (tri). Select few Netherland Dwarfs just for fun.
Located near Glenville, West Virginia

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Post Number:#7  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:36 pm

michaels4gardens wrote:God is great, beer is good, -- and people are crazy...

Plum crazy!!!

But do you ever wonder why plums? Why not pear crazy?

__________Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:36 pm __________

I filed the report, and I'm supposed to call the Prosecutor Monday.

I was just thinking I should stop raising rabbits, everything seems to be going sideways.

Site Admin
Canada Female

Post Number:#8  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:36 pm

I was just thinking I should stop raising rabbits, everything seems to be going sideways.

I totally understand your frustration, but something to consider . . . If you quit raising rabbits because of this, then the ARAs win.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
Homer, Sumatra, Zass

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 4,950.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Zinnia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:59 pm

MaggieJ wrote:

I totally understand your frustration, but something to consider . . . If you quit raising rabbits because of this, then the ARAs win.

Yes, this and we would lose good people like you. I know you were working on some nice lines and I hope you can continue.

Site Supporter
Austria
BunnyBucks: 4,310.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Preitler » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Here, in the wake of 9/11 new laws against terrorists were created (although we are far away from that, just populism), and guess what, the first charged by this laws were ARAs, because that's what some of them do, terrorize people...

Post Number:#11  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:28 pm

It's not this. Just everything. And this is the nail that seals the coffin. It adds another hole in my dwindling resources. I can't afford to fix the damage, secure the property and feed the rabbits right now. Money is stretched thin as it is. I finally found breeders who wanted these kits, and now they were exposed to the QT rabbits, one delivered to me with a snotty nose, and they are worthless.

Two years of obstacles, and I'm thinking why in the world am I still doing this?

Site Admin
Canada Female

Post Number:#12  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Okay, I do understand . . . and I hurt for all you've been going through. Even if you decide to get out of rabbits, I hope you'll drop in now and then to tell us about your dogs and let us know how you are doing.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#13  Unread postby Miss M » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:39 am

Oh, Sky, that is so awful... :cry: I am so sorry... I'm glad you've reported it and are following through. :(
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

Re: And this is why I hesitate to tell people -edit AC took

Post Number:#14  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:57 pm

In the interim I discovered I was wrong.

Caught some kids taking my rabbits, tried to light a fire to stuff in the barn.

Now I call myself being honest, showing the cops the damage, but they said I had too many rabbits. Which is ok, I was over the limit with adults, but then they counted up all the little babies, only a few who were ready to be weaned, so they called AC.

Next thing I know, they don't like the fact that there is hair on some of the cages, there were cages unused because they are still left over from frozen winter mess. I explained that there are cages I had to stick rabbits in because they kids destroyed the other banks of cages. Rabbits were mattered because that is the way I got them from the kids, or dirty from running around the yard. no water, even thought I had just watered them, and although some had drank all there water, not all did. Inadequate shelter, though I just explained the cages were destroyed by vandals. some stupid stuff about the dog should not be in a plastic house. Then they wanted to see the dogs, to examine my house, and threatened to take the dogs too if I didn't give them all the rabbits.

You know what, I am sick to death of all of this bull. I'm sick of being good and always being screwed. Just sick. And Angry, and hurt, and tired. Really really tired.

I have worked to death trying to make it right. And what's going to happen to these kids.???? Nothing.

I could tell some of the officers felt so bad. They were just trying to document what happened, and it snowballed into this. One pulled me aside to tell me how sorry he was, and gave me a big hug. One kept going back to his super trying to get some type of mediation.

Done, just done.

done.
Last edited by skysthelimit on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Canada
BunnyBucks: 515.00

Re: And this is why I hesitate to tell people -edit AC took

Post Number:#15  Unread postby Olimpia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:08 pm

I am so sorry... you are living the worst nightmare of many rabbit keepers these days. I wish there was something I could say to help. I'm glad they at least left the dogs.
Are you going to attempt to get some of them back? It breaks my heart that they will be pawned off by a shelter as being "rescued from a hoarding case." Stupid things like hair on cage bars which have no meaning in terms of husbandry make such convenient "horror shots" for an uneducated public.

Next