Register

And this is why I hesitate to tell people -edit AC took my r

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
Site Admin
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,409.00

Re: And this is why I hesitate to tell people -edit AC took

Post Number:#16  Unread postby MaggieJ » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:53 am

I'm so sorry, Sky! (((HUGS)))

That is just sick, sick, sick. :evil: :evil: :evil:

They might have at the very least given you a chance to fix a situation that was not of your making in the first place.

I am sick at heart for all you have been going through and just wish there was something we could do to help.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 4,950.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Zinnia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 am

Oh NO!!! I am so sorry this happened to you! What an awful thing to have to go through!! :grouphug:

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Miss M » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:07 am

Oh... :cry: I am so sorry. I am at a loss for words, this is so wrong!
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,950.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby Zinnia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:42 am

Sky, I know this may be a bit early to think about it.... But, I would be happy to give you a very nice quality, hardy breeding trio to restart your angoras. These lines have done me well with hardiness, very good body type, mothering and wool quality. I have no idea how I would get them to you. But, if you wanted to start over with rabbits from just one location... to see how it goes... PM me if I could help you out.

The following user would like to thank Zinnia for this post
Miss M

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Marinea » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:14 pm

*hugs*

I have no words. None.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 34,316.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby ladysown » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Sky... I am heart sick for you.

What a nasty situation to have happen...just so not good...

just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I would have to query the legality of how they took them. They SHOULD have given you time to correct the situation. They really honestly should have. This is just wrong.. and.. I feel so horrid for you.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 48,829.00

Post Number:#22  Unread postby skysthelimit » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks everyone. I'm done for the most part.

I've been so careful, as things change around here all the time as each new administration comes long, trying to make it's mark.

I know too they are wrong, because if the law allows for meat breeding for rabbits, then how could you only be allowed to keep one? Really.

At some point I will just get two Giant Angoras for fiber purposes, and keep to myself.
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 36,700.00

Post Number:#23  Unread postby akane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:17 am

It does get tiring wondering if every interaction with someone is about to be a problem with your number of well cared for animals. That's why I just quit keeping things outside and have the cavy instead of the rabbits for indoors. Right now we are dealing with the realtor who took over the foreclosed property next door getting us declared a nuisance property for the guinea pig forage area and other "weeds" we let grow high. I'm getting into more aquariums than mammals lately. People don't care if you fill your house with fish. They don't even care if the fish die on a regular basis. Some still think of that as normal. It's a safer, less stressful hobby than breeding mammals.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,353.00

Post Number:#24  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:18 am

How horrible!!! I am so sorry (and a whole lot nervous)!!!!
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

Site Supporter
Austria
BunnyBucks: 4,310.00

Post Number:#25  Unread postby Preitler » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm so sorry. :cry:

I'm repeatedly taken aback about what is going on in your country. I mean, on other boards I read people boasting about the best land of the free there is, but you are punished by rules over rules, no freedom even on your own property.

You can be told how high your lawn can be, or what plants are allowed on your property, how many animals you can have (as long they are well cared for and nobody gets bothered that's no ones business! AC gets involved when 50 cats are crapping all over your apartment, or when a farmer can't care for his cattle anymore and doesn't ask for help in time...), can get in trouble for carrying a marker pen (New York, I've heard), or when someone in the rear seat drinks a can of beer (driving intoxicated is forbidden anyway!)
ARAs can bother you, seemingly with no consequences...
"Zero Tolerance", Gosh, who invented that, Nazis?
And don't get me started about your health system :shock:

I feel much more free here, nobody can or will tell me any of that. My sister lives in the US, so that's not just i-net wisdom, at least New England (that's all I know) is sure no place for me. Neat, but that's it. Here, close to balkan, I feel better.

We sure have our share of stupid rules and laws, no doubt about that :? (I can't hunt feral cats or whatever with a bowling ball mortar, or even build such a thing), and with the EU dictating they get rapidly more, but they are not intruding personal live so much yet, and I really have no sleepless nights when ignoring some of these when it makes sense.

I'm so sorry something like your ordeal can actually happen to anyone, it needs a lot of stupid people acting stupid for a long time to make that possible :(

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
michaels4gardens, Sumatra, Zass

Previous