And the wait begins...Update : One down, one to go!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I felt little feet kicking this morning, so it's not my imagination this time!

Grab some popcorn and kick back

:popcorn:

The candidates:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 2,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 2,155
Ruby is a French Angora?! She looks like her coat is longer than the FAs usually get...

in my best Southern accent (come by honestly: Grandma, Mom both born in Texas, and I lived in the South for 12 years--Texas, Florida, and Georgia): I wanna get me one o' them really long-haired Angora types, ya know?

a Giant Angora would probably be perfectly long-haired to fulfill my fiber lust, but if the French are that long-fibered *and* pluckable, ooooohhhh....

Best of luck to both bunny moms. :) :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Her fur is actually quite short and mangy looking in that pic since she just started growing back from a molt AND she just plucked her belly nekkid from a litter, but it's the only half decent pic I have of her since she lost her JR coat. I really need to update pics!

Trying to get that length through my herd, I have another momma (little Hazel bun) who is a tad longer, but much coarser and no where near as dense. Kept a kit back from her litter to see how the density turned out since she was bred with Ruby's half brother Sage, who has the awesome density Ruby does, but not the length.

Kit is a little more narrow l in the shoulders on conformation than i'd like, but the wool looks great so far! It's only the baby coat though, won't know anything till JR coat really, and then the SR coat seems to coarsen up a bit.

__________ Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:52 pm __________

AAAAND..... We're still waiting... :D

__________ Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 am __________

WE HAVE HAYSTACHERY!<br /><br />__________ Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:10 pm __________<br /><br />Popples are here! Or at least one of the two litters, momma Indigo had eight and only one was in the front if the nest and had froze to death. Not bad for a first timer!

There is one little kit that I'm worried about. It's only 1/2 the size of the other kits. Fully developed though, but I'm a bit worried it will either be too small to make it through the night or that it'll get smushed by its siblings at some point. I'll just have to wait and see, but keeping my fingers crossed it pulls through!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 2,114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 2,105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 2,105
WOW Indigo is a beautiful rabbit. I so wish I lived close. While I see a lot of rabbits on here that I like (some a lot), Indigo is spectacular to me. That is the first rabbit picture I have saved on my hard drive. When I get an angora in the future I want it to remind me.

Yay popples! Congrats on the new babies and glad she did well. That one lil baby is so tiny! Hopefully it will
be ok. :)

Just went to peek at the runt, it got it's feet tangled in the wool at the bottom of the nest. Luckily, no damage was done. Really pulling for this lil' one, I've never seen one so much smaller than its siblings. Will be interesting to see how it develops!

I was thinking, but I didn't want to say it!

Unfortunately we won't know, the little one didn't make it through the night. Perhaps next breeding we'll see, if she throws more little ones than it HAS to be something genetic!

Funny thing is that is one of the biggest does, bred to my biggest buck!

Is indigo a blue or opal? Sorry a bit off topic but I love her color! Sorry to hear about the loss of the kit though.

I believe a gold tipped blue steel. She has all the agouti lacings, but has the steel banding pattern and a grey belly. Either that or possibly an opal with a wide band gene in there somewhere, still foggy on how that ww gene works!<br /><br />__________ Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:25 pm __________<br /><br />I meant white around the eyes, ears, and nose, not necessarily lacing. Brain stopped working early today...

Back