Register

An Important Message About RabbitTalk.com

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Re: An Important Message About RabbitTalk.com

Post Number:#1  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 pm

Thank you for the comprehensive update, MidnightCoder.

I know you have been very busy and working hard to benefit all of us RT addicted folks. :) Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for us.

I hope that you can find an affordable alternative to our current host.

Long live RT!
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 32,903.00

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Zass » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Would emptying out extra gallery pics be of any help?

Site Supporter
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,811.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby caroline » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks for the update/ It's really helpful to get the details.
I so appreciate this friendly, useful, inclusive site!
(\__/)(\(\ (Y) () ()
(='.'=)(-.-)('.')(^;^)
(")_(")(")(")(")(")(")(")
Rancho Madonna Rex Rabbits ~
They add to food security & give a lot of JOY!

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 2,145.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby TwoAcreDream » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Would shortening up the signatures help ?

Site Supporter
Belgium
BunnyBucks: 3,207.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby DogCatMom » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:49 pm

I checked the Donations button, but unfortunately the only method offered is via PayPal. PayPal themselves messed up my account in Spring 2009 and have never, but never, been willing to fix it. (I get to the penultimate screen, and then get "This transaction cannot be fulfilled.") I spoke with four or five different people, on four or five different occasions, who were held out over the phone as "managers/supervisors," but they all refused to deal with the situation.

Will it be possible to donate via credit card any time soon?

Thank you.

Site Supporter
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,358.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby dayna » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Let us know as soon as you have an updated donation need amount. I will do as much as I can.

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,662.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby bobqdevon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Fernie and I will make a donation of some amount in the beginning of Feb. We should know better then what financials will be available with having to replace our truck, and the related mother issues that go along with it.
:catmoon: Here in Northern Wisconsin, Raising New Zealand, Flemish Giant, Silver Marten, Harlequin, and now Beveren bunnies... And crosses.
With 6 kids, 1 Maremma Sheepdog, 5 cats, 3 ducks, 98 chickens, about a billion honeybees, and as Fernie calls it, "too many rabbits"
I like big buns and I can not lie... :pinkbunny: :lilbunny: :bunnyhop:

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,873.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby dragonladyleanne » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Wow, so sorry this has happened! I manage the website for my local chapter of a large non-profit organization and have had recent similar issues with the hosting service. Plus our "district" website (covers parts or all of 4-5 states) got hit with a DNS (I think) attack that necessitated a "temporary" change of domain name which appears to be heading into permanency. A lot of hackers out there, combined with corporate greed - not a fun mix. I can't donate, but if you need any graphics (I am a former graphic design/web design teacher), give me a holler!
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt (American United Nations Diplomat, Humanitarian and First Lady (1933-45), wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US president. 1884-1962)

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 36,700.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby akane » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:55 pm

I had switched my wordpress blog over to another site that was hosting my webpage for $5/month. There was a credit card issue one month and rather than downgrading me to free or shutting down my site they just wiped my account clean with no warning. The code for every page and all my blog posts for the past 2 years were eliminated. I got told afterward that the charge didn't go through on my card. I haven't found the motivation to update the files on my computer and upload to a new host.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg

Site Supporter
Belgium
BunnyBucks: 3,207.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby DogCatMom » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 pm

MidnightCoder wrote:
DogCatMom wrote:Will it be possible to donate via credit card any time soon?

In theory you could donate with a credit card via PayPal without signing into a PayPal account. If that isn't working, perhaps something has changed in our PayPal settings. I will check that shortly to make sure that this option is allowed.

Thank you all for your interest and support! :)

I just made a "test" contribution (real money, though!) using a credit card. You have to dig through maybe four or five screens to get to the credit-card option, so anyone using this avenue--be aware that it will take persistence and (ahem) Faith in PayPal, of which I have almost none....

BunnyBucks: 610.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby Fernie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 pm

bobqdevon wrote:Fernie and I will make a donation of some amount in the beginning of Feb. We should know better then what financials will be available with having to replace our truck, and the related mother issues that go along with it.

Yes, I will forgo my wedding anniversary yarn purchase, for RT. Just because Bob likes it.

Truck we will figure out.

Mother issue I told you change your phone number. Cut her off.
:catmoon:Fernie
Wife to Bob, Homeschooling Mama of 6 Minions, Slave to 2 Yorkies, 2 Karakachans, and 1 Collie
American Rabbits, New Zealand Rabbits, Shetland Sheep, Pilgrim Geese, Ancona Ducks, Faverolles Chicken

http://www.BlackCatPaddock.com

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 36,700.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby akane » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 pm

We've been using paypal frequently since about 2003 (give or take since I don't remember when paypal was created) and had only one issue. When we had a family account my sister kept downloading crap through unreputable sources despite my attempts to delete the software and block the sites. I believe this led to our paypal account being stolen. All money was returned because I noticed it coming out of my bank account the next day but I shut down the account and made everyone open their own account. Now I'm only responsible for my husband's and my account and mine is probably getting closed. The one credit card I still had in my maiden name for use on that account (last name can't be changed and must match credit cards) got closed because they are the most paranoid company ever and I sent a fairly large sum of money through an organization in CA to an individual. I should have routed it through paypal. They've done it before when I spent a lot on gas out of state. Good surprise to pull up to a pump 2 states away on a trip and find your currently only source of money says error.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#13  Unread postby Miss M » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 am

MidnightCoder wrote:I've heard many horror stories about PayPal, yet (knock on wood) I've had a pretty good experience with them so far.

Same here... I've had a quite good experience with them for... must be going on 10 years now. A couple of years ago, someone in California managed to put together enough info to use my PayPal debit card number several times. PayPal caught the suspicious activity and shut it down very quickly and called me. I filed a police report, called the vendors that had taken orders from the thief, and was refunded in whole by PayPal. No complaints.

I'll be able to make a donation soon. A few weeks or so. That doesn't help with now, though. I'll see what I can do.
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 10,358.00

Post Number:#14  Unread postby dayna » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:42 am

I've been selling EZ Caps using PayPal for over a decade now. I like them. They are always on the side of the consumer and if the consumer lies, the seller kinda loses. But all in all I really like them. Easy as pie to use.

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,662.00

Post Number:#15  Unread postby bobqdevon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:43 am

We process credit cards through them also, with one of the card swipe things on my phone. We've never had a problem with them.
:catmoon: Here in Northern Wisconsin, Raising New Zealand, Flemish Giant, Silver Marten, Harlequin, and now Beveren bunnies... And crosses.
With 6 kids, 1 Maremma Sheepdog, 5 cats, 3 ducks, 98 chickens, about a billion honeybees, and as Fernie calls it, "too many rabbits"
I like big buns and I can not lie... :pinkbunny: :lilbunny: :bunnyhop:

Next