Alice's babies didn't make it.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
They were born late Saturday afternoon and Alice, normally a good mother, did not pull sufficient fur. I took them into the house and managed to revive six of the eight and returned them to her the next morning. She hopped right in and fed them... I was quite hopeful, but by evening they were looking bad and all were dead this morning.

Due to other circumstances, I decided against taking heroic measures to save them. I doubt it would have made any difference anyway.

I should breed her back immediately... It will help her to dry up. I'll try to get to it during the evening chores... but here it is only 2:30 and I'm ready to call it a day. Can't, of course. ;)

Sorry to hear about the litter. :( I will keep my fingers crossed for the next breeding for you.

Best of luck!

Lauren

bummer :(
I'm not into heroic measures generally for a whole numch of reasons

Thanks, everyone. It was disappointing... but these things happen. Polly kindled late yesterday but only two and they were dead in the morning. :(

Well, it simplifies the decision making. I have two of Alice's girls still sharing a cage. Polly will be off to camp (she's never had a really wonderful litter and has had chances with three different bucks) and that will free up a good cage for one of the young does. I will breed all three - Alice, Rosemary and Sage - at the same time... and hope for better luck next time around.

Latest posts

Back