agressive male

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khaleesi

Reaction score
Hi All, I just picked up a two year old buck from a friend of a friend at a show last weekend. He was super sweet and mellow the first few days. I tried to breed him to my sweet doe and she was not interested but he tried unsuccessfully. He kept ripping the fur on her back and it made her mad and she attacked him. After that he started charging the cage when I went near it and bit me when I took him out for grooming. Two days later, I talked gently to him, didn't put my hand in other than to put in food (wore a glove). He still bit me, charged the cage. Tried to breed him again, doe was receptive and he failed three times. He would mount, go through the motions then slump over on her. Never fell off. Then he started biting on her fur and she got mad and attacked him again. It's been three days and he is still very aggressive. Bites whenever I put my hand in, just to give him food. Charges the cage and is a general bratty rabbit. His previous owner said he was always sweet. Not sure what to do about this guy. All my other boys and girls are super mellow happy bunnies. Advice please. :)

I agree with DBA. You don't need this aggravation. If you have the patience, you could give him a few days grace time, but I doubt his behaviour will change.

A good way to cook older rabbit is rabbit pie. :dinner:

Sorry you're having a hard time with that boy Khaleesi. Forget giving him time and cut your loses. I had the sweetest buck you ever laid eyes on. Loved nose rubs and being petted. On day he just slipped a cog and did a 180. Grunting, charging and biting. If you picked him up he'd scratch the daylights out of you and if that wasn't enough to make you drop him he's bite you to the bone! I tried for a couple weeks to calm him but after being laid open a third time I sent him to freezer camp.

Back